It's a new generation...

I’ve been looking into reliving my youth by picking up a 2g DSM or a Stealth or something similar when I realized, it’s getting nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find any of these cars anymore.

Cars that I thought were awesome 5-10 years ago have all been whored out. There are no more clean DSMs, Z32s, MR2s, or anything else fun like that around (yes I know there are some, but they are few and far between). I remember when I was 17 and 18 I could find many examples of these but never had the cash, and now that I have the money, there aren’t any around anymore!

Is the new young crowd going flush the market for cars like 350Zs, TTs, S2Ks, Evos and STis like we did to those cars? God I’m starting to feel old, you can really tell when you don’t see new generations of cars anymore, but instead whole new models on the street. Anyone else going through withdrawl right now?

Meh it’s like that for everything, as time goes on finding something that’s worth the money will always get more difficult

I tried looking for a nice 97-99 GSX, did not find much sadly…

^I’ve been looking for another 1g gsx, I just started expanding my search to the southern states because it is becoming so hard already

But for the op question, yeah I would have to agree on the “withdrawal” feeling

I have been thinking this very thing for a while now…

Ahhh how the times change

There is no such thing as a good 2g.

lol…

Eh ill challenge that. i mean i got rid of all my dsm’s but still
theres some pretty sick ones out there.
obv. 6-bolt swapped tho haha

I for one, wouldn’t mind if the market got flooded with evo’s, wrx’s and 2000’s. I might even be willing to give up one of my much sought after 2g eclipses :lol:

When I was in the market for an Evo, I was so hard to get one. I finnally got one and a few months later NYSpeed is flooded with them for sale at awesome prices.

so are u looking for a 3S? I know a guy with 2 awd ones that i believe he is looking to sell

I know of plenty super clean 1g’s and 2g’s. Yes you are going to pay for a super clean and flawlessly built 10 second car or so for around 10k. I know of others that are super clean basically stock for say 6500 or so. You aren’t going to find these cars on the classifieds on the dsm forums nor on ebay. These people don’t let their cars just go to anyone that has the cash. They go to people that they know will baby them like they did. On the DSMLink forums I see the cleanest DSM’s for sale on there and IMO they are an excellent price for how nice they are built. Too bad the link forums are private so not a lot of people can view them. Most of those guys try to sell their cars on there for months before they take them to dsmtuners or dsmtalk or even ebay to sell because a lot of people don’t value the meticulous work they have done. If you are serious about finding a nice DSM PM me with a price and some things you are mostly looking at in the car and I will get you some people’s information for you to talk to them.

Um. I say thumbs down for a 3000GT or Stealth, everyone says 1g’s and 2g’s have problems and arent reliable. Try getting one of them and then working on it when you know or think whats wrong with it. Most unreliable IMO and a PITA

wellllll, while mine isn’t turbo, my car is for sale and really clean
:shamelessplug:
http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60648

sti’s and evo’s are already flushed in the market… most of the first year ones are pretty hammered already.

5-6 years from now, lol, they are going to be piles. it’s too easy to bolt on and retune them that eventually they will get molested.

The Cobalt is the Camaro of the current generation of 16-24 year olds.

dsmtuners.com, their classifieds are usually very good and plenty of nice clean dsm’s on there.

if your looking into a 3s i have one im willing to part with and know of a few vr4’s and sl’s in the area for sale. pm me if so…

i gotta say. ive owned a modded 1g for almost 6 months and the only thing that has needed replacement was the transmission (200 bucks) because of the countless launches it had at the track…

I really miss my RT/TT… and honestly it was a great car even with heavy mods. The tranny’s were the weak point, but if you didn’t launch it hard from every light it shouldn’t have been an issue. I wouldn’t buy one if I wanted an 11 seconds car…but if I wanted a solid 12 second car with a 110 trap I would. Mine did blow up though…at 25 pounds of boost with someone who didn’t know how to tune a car. Never had any real mechanical issues until that car left my hands…