Its about time! **pix inside**

we picked up some street et’s for the track…wife ran it a couple times and couldnt escape the 12s, but driving to liecester swapping tires at the track and then making a couple passes, the heat soak was KILLING the car…not to mention, shes never been down a track before so shes still in the learning stages…getting better and better each time though…now that the heat soak issue is fixed, she should put up some good times!

as for the #8 cylinder cooling mod…If your familiar with a 2v…look at the intake manifold…on the front, there is a coolant x-over…on the rear passenger side, coolant flows up from the heads, through the intake manifold and to the heater core and cycles back…on the driver side (#8) it is a dead end. the coolant goes up the head cooling passage and hits the underside of the intake manifold… Therefore #8 gets the hottest coolant, dead last. to correct the problem, you drill out a hole on the driver side rear of the intake, right above the coolant passage in the head…(ie: dead end), tap it, and run a line (in my case i used the an fittings and line) to the front x-over next to the t-stat…this allows that hot non flowing coolant in that cylinder to escape up through this line, and exit at the t-stat where it goes back to the radiatior…thus creating flow around #8, keeping it cooler. There is several ways to do it…there is fitting which actually goes on the back of the head, for those afraid to tap the plastic intake, and some “T” it into the heater core hoses instead of back up to front x-over…either way is fine, you still create flow around that cylinder… it was more or less a ford design flaw…

80-90% of 4.6 2vs that blow up…#8 is the culprit from overheating.

And yes, with only 285 cubic inches (281 bored .20 over) it is very difficult to throw down 467 rwhp & 432 rwtq without a snail.

see cooling mod here…

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/frogiiie/coolingmod017.jpg