Its alive!! Muwhaaahaaaa!

Well finally got my heads put on and got the engine mechanicals all buttoned up the other day. I was a bit perplexed when she would cough and sputter but wouldn’t start. SO I started tearing things down to try to diagnose the problem. After a few days of scratching my head, i started thinking of the fit of some of my plug wires. Some were really tight and others had excessive slack, and I never remember them being like that. So I did some research on the internet and sure enough. The diagram in the service manual I have is wrong. 4 out of 6 plug wires were on the worg coil plug. Swapped them over tonight and it fired right up!

Now I have some general maintainence ish that needs to be tended to. Getting there slowly but surely. Right now I’m just pretty stoked I got my heads on and the car running.

woot, grats :tup:

I love these kinda threads. :slight_smile: Congrats!

good to see the cars are all starting to come out :tup:

:word: definately nice…congrats on gettin it runnin :tup:

outstanding man :tup:

LOL, good story, I think a few of us have been down that road before. :snky:

:tup: to getting things running!

x…

Congrats man! can’t wait to see it.

congrates cant wait to hear how it goes. You are alot farther ahead than I am.

Ah yes, the plug wire diagram…I had the same issue a few months back. Just about lit the car on fire trying to figure that one out!!!

So…I suppose you want your y-pipe back;) I put an order in for a new one so just let me know when you need it…
Can’t wait to see what kind of gains you get from the heads.

Owned!

http://www.sonikempire.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10007/plugwiringpicture.jpg

4 & 6 at a PITA, good to see it’s out now I just need to get mine running. :slight_smile:

good job man, interested in what its going to run :tup:

probably a 14.5 @ 124 :lol:

^:lol:

no no no. Its not a Supra!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I was hoping for 13.x @ 10x

Then later this summer after a few more mods and some weight reduction: 13.x (x <5) @ 11y (y > o)

time for rj92 vs xmshadow finally

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet dilly :tup:

Sherm just put his tail between his legs.

:lol:

lol bring it