Its all about flow...

I just created another photobucket so now Ill start sharing my pics
here is the new intake for my turbo in steps

4in to 5in insert that I trimmed the width to fit the turbo and elbow

5in to 6in 90* reducing elbow

looking into the elbow

Filter and 6in alum tube

old filter that used to be right on the turbo vs new elbow and beast of a CAI.

The turbo spool is louder and should now be able move more than enough air. It sounds like its breaking the sound barrier with a Sonic BOOM!

Huuuuuuuuge

I like

:tup: Post sound clips!

damn right its all about flow :smiley:

http://i41.tinypic.com/fm0x1f.jpg

The larger air filter will definitely help. How much ? Who knows but at least it has more air to pull from now.

Did you get the boost creep issue all sorted out ?

Noooo the drone and noise has to be horrible exiting under the bed before the axle…

Yeah. Leave the cutout closed till I have a drivetrain. I just turned it up to 11psi closed. I opened it and it went to 15 quick so I let out. On the dyno I will leave it open but racing I’ll close it

yeah it it drones some… I didn’t have the 3.5" pipe yet to finish it behind wheel. that will be finished this week.

damn thats a big filter lol…any thoughts to move it down behind the bumper or something to get some cooler air?

overall pics?

Info on this truck?

2013 Tundra Rock Warrior ’ pretty much converted it into a street warrior ’ no big factory ties etc ’ :lol: / Modified Trd supercharger/ Long Tubes / 3" exhaust / few other random go fast goodies . Only hitting 5psi now since the exhaust and headers flow so well. So i need to add yet another pulley to get back to 7-8lbs. I race Mod Class 1/8th mile so its pretty much just that. Not really a 1/4 mile truck.

Nice setup. The TRD stuff is awesome, while maintaining warranty. What’s the silverado running now?

Faster than the Tundra

I was going to do another 90* down into the wheel well/fender but would have had to cut them. So I choose not to. I don’t want mud and snow hitting my filter. This is my daily. The difference from behind the rad to the pass side wheel well should be a nice reduction in iat as it is now. And the 2+ inches of flow allotment is more than enough for my little turbo

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Say what?

There’s a chance that those steps will cause more turbulence and more restriction than a smooth 4" pipe but only a flowbench or dunno could say for sure.

pics of the whole truck…

picture a black extended cab 4x4 silverado with blacked out wheels and grill. lol.

what is it running with 11 psi??

:slight_smile:

Steps? The inlet is 4 in on the turbo and it has a 5 in elbow housing around the turbo inlet. I cut the Insert flush w the turbo so there is no step. My turbo guys said this impeller pulls air from the outside edge of the housing so increasing the whole tube should only help. SHOULD. I can’t test it against a 4 in elbow because i dont have an elbow and filter but I would if I could. It might make more power w the 6in but again the gains would be tiny if any because of my small turbo And low psi comparatively.

Pretty much but it looks a lot sweeter than the other black trucks cause mine goes whoooossshhppphhhh

It runs pretty good on the highway, spins all four pretty good, haven’t been back to the track.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

U guys and sissy mufflers

funny guy… :smiley: