It's an Audi, but help anyways :)

Since I own a Nissan, i’m sure u guys can at least try to help with my Audi :stuck_out_tongue: haha. Anyways, it’s just overheating a bit. fan kicks in too late. (electric fan). its a 1994 auid 90 Quattro CS. no visible damage to any parts, coolant is topped up. Couldn’t figure out what the problem was at the shop. Didnt Diagnose it. If Checked the relays/fuses.

I can only think of coolant mixture. any ideas?

how cold is it where you are. If the mixture is of and more less water it could be the problem only if its cold enough where you are to freeze water. Id say thats the case so on a warmer day turn the car on and then let it warm up then drain the coolent and add some new stuff about 60/40 if you see cold weather. So grab some prestone and that might help you out. If the fan still kickes in its prob working properly and its just that you have some ice in your water channels.

yeah, it was worse in the summer, but now that its getting cold, its a bit better. I live in yellowknife btw.

Turn on the A/C and see if the fan kicks in right away. I know on the volkswagens this is the case.

yeah buddy, that did the trick! thanks!

Yeah there should be two fans, one for the rad and an aux fan that usually comes on for the A/C. If your still having problems, try re-wiring the aux fan to an ignition power source or a switch in the car so you have control over it, and don’t have to run the a/c.

nah, it works this way. i dont want to screw around with anything i dont really need to. don’t want to ruin anything. She’s my panty dropper, or should I say bait.