Having some car problems!

Recently went for a car wash which may or may have not contributed to the problem. Anyways I drove my ka24de powered s13 home directly after the car wash without problems. The next day when I tried starting it would start up then die immediately. I keep trying to start it but it keeps dying. When it does start up I try giving it gas but it doesn’t rev up at all and just dies down again. Anyone ever have a similar problem?

Did you wash the engine by any chance? Maybe somethigns frozen, or theres water in your distributor.

nope not the engine bay itself,a bit of water may have gotten in though,its a drive through wash with water spraying up upon entry

Well it’s probably not the distributor, that would’ve acted up immediately, not the next day. Maybe fuel problems? Have you had a tune-up recently?

Just check the distributer, some may have run in there afterwards or something. Thats what I thought immediately. Then again, like you said, could not be from the car wash at all.

Fuel Pump?

if u have a leaky injector and spray water on it (on the rail or the area around) , water will go through and kill the idle, but i highly doubt it will stay moist and block combustion

so you washing you car is most likely a coincidence ?

do fuel pumps go out around the 200 km mark? how would i check the fuel pump?

when i try starting the engine,its starts then dies,try starting again doesn’t start and makes a very loud kkkkkkkkkkkkk sound (starter i believe),it goes back and forth from starting alright to just making that noise

i tried boosting,no difference

thnaks for your help so far

Sounds to me like some condensation might have built up in the distributor. Grab a can of electrical cleaner, pull the cap off, give it a good spray and then let it dry out completely. Might even be worth pulling off and spraying out each plug/wire.

thanks guys,the fuel pump was the culprit,let me know if you know of any for sale

PM Deathby240, he has 2 i think.