240 won't start

I just got my first 240 (every thing is stock so far) and after about three days of driving it stalled unexpectedly with out warning. It turns over good, I have spark at every plug there is fuel pressure and the ECU doesn’t have any codes. Fueses look good as well. It will back fire through the exhaust if it’s been sitting for a bit but only when you first start to crank it and it’s not too loud. I’ve checked and tried changing the timing as well. I’ve spent about 2 full days going through and trying to eliminate possible problems but I’m starting to run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Fuel filter?

I kind of wondered that but the plugs are wet when I pulled them out. I also pulled the line off past the filter and turned the key and fuel did spray out. The only thing I don’t know is the exact pressure but it doesn’t even try and fire at all. Is there a way to test the injectors maybe. I just don’t get why the plugs are wet and there is spark but it doesn’t even come close to starting

coolant temp sensor for the ecu is probably bad. It is the two wire one.

I’ll take a look at that. Would that cause a fault in the computer? When I check it in mode 3 it comes up with a 55 which is no error. At this point I’ll start checking stuff any way it doesn’t hurt to check. Thanks

when was the last time you replaced your injectors?

I just did a compression test and thought the gage wasn’t working because I had no compression in any cylinder and could hear the gage leaking. Unfortunatly it wasn’t the gage! I stuck my finger in the plug hole and felt nothing. I took the oil filler cap off and saw the cam/valve not move. I’m about to pull the valve cover off and see what’s going on but it’s looking like an SR20 is in my future (I guess all is not bad). The thing that sucks is the top end was just rebuilt just before I bought it. After seeing missing/lose bolts all over the car I can’t say I’m really suprised they couldn’t get that right. Thanks for the help though guys I appreciate it. It’s good to see people trying to help others rather than making fun of them or telling them they are dumb. Thanks

Well I pulled the valve cover and the cam gear had come off! The bolt has fallen down in and is pretty hard to get at. I’ve never seen or heard of this happening before. I guess the “mecanic” (I use that term very loosley) doesn’t have a tourque wrench. Pretty shadey work. Going through the car I found the following: distributor cap cover stuffed up by the master cylinder, an old rotor down by the air filter, numerous missing bolts and get this in the hose going from the intake to the valve cover there was a wire brush stuck part way down! Basically I learned two lessons; find a really good mecanic or do it yourself, and look over as much as you can before you buy the car. I guess don’t assume any thing. Any way I’m a little upset about it. Sorry for ranting but thanks it helps to get it out sometimes.