240 wont start

So, my 240 won’t start, so naturally I decided to bump start it. Then it started for a couple of days and drove fine, Then when I started it two days ago it would idle fine, but when I gave it a lil bit of gas the rpms would go down. If I gave it a lot of gas it would turn off. Now the car won’t start at all. It cranks, I can hear the fuel pump when I switch the key, the starter is new as well as the spark plug wires, and battery. The fuel filter is also new. I looked at the spark plugs and they seem fine, no oil really no gas smell, only on the 4th spark plug was there a lil white residue. I was thinking possible coil problem any other Ideas?

possibly the coil… or cap/rotor.

Check the fueses in the box under the hood and be sure to check all grounds mainly the one at the back of the head above your 02 sensor. Also check your battery ground and your MAF conection.

Well I looked at that ground wire and it was pretty bad so I took it out sanded down the areas and such, cleaned it up, but it still wont start. the MAF sensor looked good, I tested electrical for it and that’s fine. And all the fuzzes work. Any other Ideas, or ways to tell it the MAF is working besides my car not starting?

LOL I ment fueses

actually, you meant fuses.

Ok yes fuses, any other ideas befor I go out and buy a damn coil?

well considering a cap & rotor is cheaper than a coil, why not try that first? … it won’t hurt to replace those anyways.

The roter and cap are now new, but still not fix it. I was thinking, could it be an Idle sensor…? does any one know where that is?

So I got the car to start, I changed fuel pump to a walbro 255, and the spark plugs and such, but it seems it only running on two pistons. 2 & 3 seem not to be working, I checked with a voltmeter the fuel injectors and they are reading like 12 ish. and the spark plugs are working. So the best I can figure is lack of compression which prolly means I busted the head gasket between piston 2 and 3. If any one has any other ideas as to why 2 and 3 are not working it would be good.

Bump

borrow a compression gauge and do a compression test on all 4 and see, also maybe a vacum line popped off behind your throttle body check everything throughly