Its official, the LF-A sucks!

LOL @ LFA sucking due to drag time. Are you guys for real?

I love that nobody considers the fact that supercars are often geared for top speed more than 1/4 mile, because that’s where the bragging rights come in.

Most supercars are in the 11’s if not 12’s, rare few are in the 10’s.

Point is, is that you can get way more for your money for 400K. We are not talking TT ZO6’s either-more like TT Gallardos, TT Ferraris, etc. Spending 400K on this car is similar to spending 35K on a bone stock Supra…more of a conversation peice than anything.

You’re not getting that performance is not all you’re getting with that car.

Don’t you think there were “better values” than these cars as well out there?

1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS custom 'Project American Heroes’built by Super Chevy magazine - $500,000

2006 Ford Mustang GT custom owned by Funkmaster Flex - $300,000

1967 Shelby GT500signed by Carroll Shelby - $190,000

Point is, performance is not the only thing that can make a car justified as a purchase.

That’s like somebody going out and making fun of Veyron because it’s sucks on an autocross and a $24K Mini would spank it.

Really?

Supercars are meant to turn heads in the streets of Hollywood. Nobody will give two shits if your Gallardo is TT, and they won’t even look twice on it.

If you really want to start talking bang for the buck, then why would anybody buy any supercar when you can make a Supra go just as fast for 1/4 of the price.

Orly?? :rofl

I’m an automotive DRIVING enthausiast-nothing that you listed, nor the LF-A would make me happy behind the wheel, espically when you consider the asking price.

I ‘get’ what you are getting when you are purchasing the LF-A, but it’s nothing that I want. If I cared about turning heads, I woulda kept my Viper (which turns as many heads as ANY car on the road).

Apparently…

Vlad’s essentially saying that NORMAL people (not car guys) will always just look at a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Veyron, etc… The cars are mainly built to turn heads, not speed up the Earth’s rotation because of it’s power.

Very few, if any care to upgrade anything beyond it’s looks.

The drag time isnt the only thing lacking, the braking isnt that great, and the skidpad sucks imo for what the car is. The 2011 GT500 does a 1.0G and its 3700lb+ american pig with a solid axle!!

Point > You.

People are not going to buy this thing for the damn stats. I don’t know why people don’t get that.

People will buy this for exclusivity, looks, and because they want to. Simple as that.

So say the stats are exactly equal to that of the GT500… And for arguments sake, so is the price… What would you rather buy? The car that looks similar to every other Mustang, both V6 and V8, or the car that will turn more heads than a chiropractor?

In a sentence, I think the car sucks.

That is all, flame suit isn’t on because I don’t give a fuck lol. I drive a goddamn MR2.

^^^…Well first, I’d probably buy a lowly Lexus IS350 over any Mustang :rofl OR if you want to compare a more similar price range to that of the GT500, I’d take the IS-F all day any day.

You > point. And as for the thing with them being the same price, thats not really applicable or debatable seeing how they are very far apart…

Great, youd be getting a car that doesnt have as much potential as the mustang does, nor would it have the bang for the buck dollar per hp.

:rofl :facepalm

You can make over 1000whp on a ISF on stock internals?

As far as ‘head turning’ goes, people will look, see the Lexus badge, and be absolutely floored when you tell them that it cost 400K. That does not happen with TRUE exotics (Lambo, Ferrari, etc). Car honestly looks like something that you’d see on the Hyundai lot.

From a PERFORMANCE enthusiasts pov I think the car sucks. I dont buy cars so people think Im cool and want to be my friend, or try to have the latest and greatest shit that everyone will swing nuts over. I want a car that has performance capability, and at a decent price range for the given performance. Thats where this thread is coming from. If I wanted to go to the club and impress some stupid bitch saying I spent 400K on a Lexus that would get drug by alot of the cars sitting at MCD’s on a given fri/sat night, that would be the car for me. But no so.

If you can afford an LF-A, price really isn’t an object. We’re trying to compare apples to apples, and leave price out of it.

+1.

That’s still not the point. You think people are going to buy an LF-A because how much power the stock bottom end can handle? Or because the GT500 has more potential due to it actually being for sale, and much cheaper?

And honestly, I wouldn’t doubt the capabilities of the Lexus IS-F either… No one’s really pushed them yet or upgraded them on a big scale. I remember Toyota made this one car that could handle over 1000whp on stock internals… And that did it w/ three liters, not 5.4. I’m sure they didn’t skimp too much on the engineering of this car either.

Sounds like someone on this forum (and it’s not me). :lol

Like I said, this is MY take on the LFA. You have your opinion, I have mine. Yes, Supras made good power, but thats not the car in question here. Im sure there are reasons the ISF hasnt been pushed… know what Im sayin?? Any car that is worth making big power usually does so within the 1st couple years of its production(i.e: gt500, Z06, GTR etc etc).

??

I don’t understand people who claim to be car enthusiasts are so closed minded and can’t appreciate a fine work of engineering?
I understand where the criticism is coming from since no one(including myself) can’t afford 400k to get a Lexus, but give the car some credit. Just because it didn’t score the highest in motor trend test stats don’t mean the car sucks.