J n L performance on walden

they did the machine work on my dads motor and my dad and cousin assembled it, dynoed it there as well, this was about 6 yrs ago and its been overevved and abused and is still running like a beast, also from what i hear their dyno over there reads lower than others

I have had many things done from them over the years. Many differant makes and models. Everything was done great, but they are a little “flakey” or strange. I will though get anything i need done from them in the future.

Everybody has a differant opinion on things one guy likes Jan Cen while others have had bad experiences with them. My best advice is try to find guys that have done similar setups to you and find out as much as you can from them.

jan cen does good work as well but their dyno seems to be one of the higher ones

In your vast engine building experience?

no its just that i know of someone who had a engine dynod at both places within days of each other and jancens read 52hp and 34ft lbs higher than the one at j&l

thats more of the response i was looking for thanks alot guys, he did make a lot of suggestions and has saved me alot of money, 800 for assembly cleaning, degreeing in the cam and putting the head and block together seemed cheap to me for my 420a build, i called around and got prices over a 1000, they also did free machning work for me when i put in oversize valves and they had to machine down rod bearings instead of ordering a whole new set, everytime i went over there he would bring me in the bak and let me watch his guys machine my stuff to let me know how they were doing, well pickin it up at the end of this week, slappin on an oil pan and valve cover, hope everything works out

Paul and his business has an excellent reputation in the car business. I’ve had some machine work done by him in the past and was always happy.

idk why but u crack me up alot lately sherm :lol:

why do you have to be a dickhead all the time :roll2: :roll2: :roll2:

i used J&L a couple years ago to turn my crank when i needed it done asap. no complaints

I went in there when I first got my Talon after I saw the dyno sign. I asked him some questions and he was a complete dickhead.

I don’t care if you’re good at what you do, but if you treat people like that the first time you see them, I can’t imagine what you’ll be like when you fuck something up…

The guy I spoke to there was a complete asshole. I don’t know who it was be it the owner or a delivery person, I’ll never go through those doors again.

do you mean they machined the rods to fit the bearings which would still be rather strange. I have never herd of someone modifying bearings to fit.

^^ Check out the burschur thread :slight_smile:

it was sumthing of that nature, it was a few weeks ago, but they showed me in detail what went wrong, and clevite wanted a 20% restocking fee even though they admitted to being wrong, but paul said he comes across it every now and again cause he does lots of motors and its easy to miss a set here and there because theyre only thousands off, but either way it was fixed and evyerthing fit perfectly, he called me up when he was done with the machine work to show me what progress he made, ill post pics of everything friday