J-Peezy

got the ax!

Steelers cut Joey Porter
Thursday, March 01, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today released linebacker Joey Porter, their best overall defensive player in the 21st century whose play helped win them a Super Bowl 13 months ago.

Porter was due a $1 million roster bonus by Tuesday and $4 million in salary in the final year of his contract. That, coupled with the fact he was a potential contract holdout this year, prompted the Steelers to release him.

Porter has been their starting right outside linebacker since 2000, the year after they drafted him.

Interesting.

Go figure, a Pittsburgh team doesn’t want to pay for a good player.

supposedly davenport will be cut within the next day or so and we arent re-signing max starks…thats word on the street

Omar Epps wants some changes dammit!

to the steelers defense what star player has excelled after they left the steelers?

list of bums after they left the steelers:
Barry foster
eric green
greg lloyd
carnell lake
randel el
bam morris
CJ
Kordell
yancy
searcy
john jackson
kirkland

some guys did decent after they left but not like they were here:
hardy nickerson
Woodson
plax
kevin greene

doesnt matter…look how many awesome linebacker we produce…we will just develop another one

he was getting slow… i 100% agree with the cutting of Porter.

Davenport is a UFA.

They tendered Max today. I really think they would rather him sign elsewhere though and get the 1st round pick in return, but I doubt that will happen.

would gettin shot have anything to do with that??

Sometimes i dont understand the rooneys thinking, i mean i know alot is becasue they are cheap fucking bastards but come on now! WTF!

[QUOTE=Laura00WS6;530468][/QUOTE]Ur the kind that gets their info form the paper,news n other people huh:finger:

was wrong about davenport
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07060/766171-66.stm

Who is going to return punts…haha…he has blazing speed

:ugh:

there’s a salary cap in football.

haynes released

and you pull your info from your ass! Players are replaceable and they do have a shelf life.