Jan-Cen

HEY PSYCHOPJV I AM THE PERSON YOU SPOKE TO ON THE PHONE YOUR PARTS WERE NEVER ORDERED UNTILL I TALKED TOYOU. I GAVE YOU PRICES YOU SAID YEH,I THOUGHT SO ,YOU GAVE ME THE OK TO ORDER PARTS.AS FAR AS THE TIME LINE YOU MADE NO BITCH THAT IT WAS TAKING TO LONG. I THINK YOU SHOULD STOP ACTING LIKE THE 3RD GRADER AND SHOULD OF SAID HEY I REALLY NEED THIS DONE I THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY GOING TO BE 2 WEEKS. GROW UP ,SOMETIMES SHIT HAPPENS AND U HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT .WE WERE ONLY A COUPLE OF DAYS LATE WHEN I TALKED TO YOU. I CANT WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO WHEN REAL IFE HITS U SQUARE IN THE FACE SEE YOU IN THE MORNING

As long as you guys get along… thats all that matters. :lol:

When i talked to you you said we went ahead and oredered them and told me" $175 for the crank and i don’t recall the rod price". I said okay because i didn’t need yet another delay. I’m not acting like a 3rd grader, i simply told the community how I felt with MY experience at jan-cen. If you talked to me on the phone so many times why did the date of it being done change 4 times? Why not tell me straight up that hey it’s going to be awhile before we can get to it, not “it’ll be done thursday etc…”. All i wanted was simple straight answers and i shouldn’t have to complain about anything to get simple straight answers. Maybe next time somebody brings their car into Basil for work i’ll just say hey can’t get to it today call thursday. Maybe jan-cen is the place that needs real life to smack it in the face. Real world businesses aren’t as shitty with customer service and would actually man up and do SOMETHING rather than say we refuse to work on it because we gave you a bad experience. A real world business would try to remedy the situation not run and hide from it. Maybe thats why a few people chimed in on the barf about bad experiences with Jan-Cen. I’m obviously not the only person who had a bad experience, but if you feel the need to vent more on me go ahead. I can still go to work and come home knowing I did all i could at work and made the customer happy while you on the otherhand can say you ran from a problem.

P.S. Next time find your capslock button and do depress it because e-yelling at anyone doens’t do much.

hey psycopjv i really have better things to do then argue with you, i did not run from the problem I just ended it. Like I told you on the phone if you yhink another shop can do you better than I have to give my blessings to go there . I wish you all the luck somewhere else and lokk forward to you bitching about them.

you are running from the problem. the problem won’t be fixed until you guys get your heads out of your asses over there. because appearantly i am just gonna bitch abotu everyone else right? it’s not my fault that the service i received was shitty. God forbid i let the people know what they might have to deal with when they come into your shop. i believe that is freedom of speech correct
see ya

alright sorry for overreacting last post but i’m mildy upset. I’m just gonna apologize to everyone for bringing this here and causing a ruckus. i just simply wanted an engine done and you won’t be doing it. Upon further review of whats been said i think oroc may have been right and saying there was a lack of communication, but i’m going to say it was on both sides. so we’ll leave it at that and be on our merry way.

boooo

more drama.

:tup:

Hopefully both sides agree… 4 cylinders suck.

i agree but for $150 whatya expect good price on her…

JanCen might have overreacted… it seems this turned into a pissing match, when all he could have been asked to do is post a RETRACTION.

It’s not rocket science.

But seeing representatives from a business, argue with a customer online, it’s making Jan Cen make a little bit worse right now.

EDIT: *It’s making Jan Cen LOOK a little bit worse now.

Christ… I hate typing when I just woke up.

I’m surprised you understood me HotRod lol

shouldnt be to hard to find a shop that does better, i could have pulled apart the block with tweezers in 7 weeks … just think how fast i could have done it with the tools in jan cens shop

and its not like it takes long to break shit either … 5 seconds w/ a BFH and i can break w/e u ask me to

so how do you expect him to NOT be able to find someone who can do a better job ?

word, if i owned the business that was being smack talked, deserved or undeserved - my first step would be to call the customer and attemp to corect the problem, not bitch at the customer on the internet like its some diagreement over you getting the wrong flavor cake for your 8th B-Day

this is good stuff :slight_smile:

i have to agree a little with Oroc. if you are not happy with something you speak up. instead of complaining about it online talk to the owner of the company. i see this shit all the time where i work, and the blame rests on both the shoulders of the customer, and the rep that was taking care of him.

FOR ANY ONE OUT THERE COME ON DOWN AND SEE OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE FIRST HAND AND THEN YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN OPINION FROM THAT THAT IS ALL I WAS TRYING TO STATE IN THE FIRST PLACE. WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR A LONG TIME AND I HATE TO SEE ONE PERSON RUIN THE REP BECAUSE HE GOT PISSY TAHTS ALL FROPM ME

please use punctuation, and turn off caps lock.

I have read both sides here and about 90% of the drama… here is my $.02.

From a customer stand point.

If a customer was promised something by a certain time then it should be upheld. If I took something to a shop and they told me it was going to be this time and then it turned into a longer time there better be a good reason for it. Shit happens sometimes that is out of our controls as customers but if that is the case the business should try to make up for it somehow that is both agreeable to me and the business as I personally enjoy good relationships with shops.

From a business point of view:

If I promise something to a customer that is because I for see it as not being a major deal to get it done. There are always and I should say always…times when things just dont go your way. As a business, and I run a small business, Jan Cen is larger then we are but they are still a small business. They need to take care of their employees and other customers just as any business does.

Here is an example on what I am talking about. Here at Hybrid Connection we experienced our most mentally, physically and monatarily challenging spring/summer season ever. We got soo backed up as we were learning and growing with every day on just how to handle this amount of work load. We would have a shit load of appointments scheduled in for a week and than have a job go wrong or something stupid happen or need a part that is on back order for a car on a monday which would then throw you off for the entire week. This then turns into a domino effect because what do you do? You cant honestly and in good concious start another big project while someone who was there before that car was in is finished. Now the big problem is how do you handle situations like this. I have learned that you try to forsee ahead what might be needed for a certain job based off of what you have done in the past. If however you have never worked on said car or engine you then have 0 past experience to draw from and have no way to forsee certain problems.

I realize that this may be some rambling, please forgive.

My main point is, we got a shit load of work because we are regarded by you guys, our customers, as a good source for work. We work hard to help and we actually give a shit. Guess what, Jan Cen didnt get as big as they are now without the same mentality. Odds are they got a shit load of work in and stupid occourances started happening in the course of working on other customers stuff that was there long before psychopjs that just slowed up the line. On top of that they close at 5 pm where as we would stay here until 3 or 4 am to get cars finished so that we could catch up on the work load. They have a good reputation and although I have never done any machine work business with them I know from family and friends who have used them that they are good. That reputation is nation wide as well. You have to do something right to gain that. Lord knows we are trying.

I think that this is probably the outcome that has occoured. Does it justify what has happened in this situation? No. However if you as a customer talk to any business and they explain the situation and you say it is ok, it is not right to go anywhere and mother fuck them, that is just bad character. I know I would be extremely upset, offended and hurt (as damn near all of my customers are my friends) if this were to happen to me, and im sure it has but none the less. If you talked to Jan Cen and they explained the situation and you said it is ok, then any other complaints should be taken up with them personally.

All complaining about it behind their back , albeit valid complaints dont get me wrong, will do is get you where you are now…No engine, they dont want to fix it and you pissed them off, on top of that you are pissed as well.

This is advice for anyone…If you are dealing with a shop for something, anything, and you have a complaint about the services rendered. The best thing to do is to talk to the shop owner or person in charge, FIRST, that is the only way something will get done POSITIVELY. At least give them a chance to please you or rectify the situation and make you a happy customer before you say to hell with them…you may just be surprised. Alls well that ends well. If in the end you have gone through all the proper steps and they have left you with nothing let the mother fucking begin…but i will tell you this no business in their right mind would do that (unless you have cast the first stone) as they want your money. period.

This is just my opinion based on my experiences as a consumer and business owner…take it for what it is worth:) have a good day and good luck

Don speaks the truth! I agree 100%

Just a little input here…At my store, my customers complain to me about machine shops all the time. Jan-Cen is one of the few that never gets any bad reveiws. Some of the big boys (N.E.M., even NAPA machine shop) have issuses every once and a while so it does happen. I like to know who does what when it comes to customer service, so I ask where, how and why projects became what they are. Most of my customer base is the old skool domestic boys and the several customers that had work done at Jan Cen have given me a :tup: so I think is this is an isolated incident (wich even happens to me at NAPA). There will always be some isolated problems, thats what happens in the busness world and you can’t do anything about it.

I hope everything gets worked out guys.

well mike and i spoke this morning and he was good about what happened and i am fine wiht it. he was even so kind as to help out the cost of the engine. Like I already stated i think both of us were bad at communication. Shit happens life goes on. Go bills.

Carnut and jskrapper :tup: very very well put, carnut you hit the nail square on the head, thankyou for the kind words as well about the shop guys.

no problem, im in the same boat

:tup: