re: my thread

my thread was moved to members only. i dont have a memebrs acount but i feel that i shoudl have my share to say to what INtense motor sports said towards there service with me. i tried to post on my buddies account but it woudlnt work. so here it is.

i never once bashed about you guys in my previous post. but since ur bringing things up ill jsut make it clear on my end too.

I still have all my bills. I was told all ALL my coolent lines were preplaced and all the top ones were no the bottem ones but i was charged for them. i brough up the fact that my motor felt liek crap they said they did a compression test on the motor and gave me totaly diff wrong numbers. they used a liquid silicon on my oil pan which leaked into the stump which then cloged it. the oil pan leaked eveyrwhere. they gave me the car idling at 1.5k and siad it was fine. i took their word on it. but wen i brough it back he said he threw in some kind of a rubber block off on one of the lines but it still idle at 1k. my complete lowerharness is exposed and not lumed as i was told the whole harness the response i got form them was that its difficut to get to the harness whe the engine is in. the complete motor was rusted inside. it took me over a month to get he whole thing rust free. when they put on my timming belt that i was charged for they said they put it on a little tight but the whining will go away. no it didnt i had to bring it to another hsop to have it readjusted. i knew nothign about turboed cars at the time. and i thought my turbo was fine no thats why my car was lacking so much power ontop of the faulty boost T that i put on. i waited 6 months for my car. it was left out side in the snow and someitmes moved inside. the body condition of my car was mint when i brough it in. i get it back theres scraths all over my car esp on the fender and my sideskrit. my box of spare parts they left outside int he rain and when i got it bakc all of them rusted. or ddindt work. my q45 tb they siad was really really dirty and thats why i had a stick pedal. i thought that was the case until another shop took a look at it and all they had to do was simply adjsut a couple of screws on the tb. my a/f gauge was installed improperly and would sometimes work. they said it was a loose connection thats why it goes on and off then he said he fixed it it was fixed for about the first half hour and it stopped working. my battery was put back into the trunk. they made their own tray and latch down. the battery has caught on fire due to improper battery latch down of the tray. and to top it all off while they told me they were waitng for parts to come in my McKinny moutor and tranny mounts were duplicated by them and i wasnt aware of it until i found the copy at the shop. and they then told me thats why my price was so low on the swap.my bills from intese motor sports comee up to 9k.including the motor. the swap no doubt looked clean from the top. but no where did it perform.

They say there there to help me but not when they ignore my calls. yeah i call alot thats becuase you guys had my car for six months. it was one thing after another. i would call and they wouldnt pick up. i call from a differnt numebr what do you kwo they pick up. even when i was at the shop they ignored calls right inforont of my face.

it came to the point where if i was to keep waiting for them to pick up my calls then for them to work on my car i would not have a car for the rest of the year. since the last time i brough it back it took them over a month to decide that it was a wiire that they should of taken care of in the start of the swap. and it cost me $457 and a month wait time. paying for the tow each an d everytime became too over whelming for me. so i had to bring it to antoher shop where even more problmes were discovered. and wen i ran into intense again i todl them they simply said “Jeeze howd that happen bud?” oh and up unti today i am still running the wrong ecu becuse the one they gave me was the wrong one and i have no way of finding the right ecu for the motor. my coil packs and harness were cut and only elec tape bak together. the springs on my coil pack had some kind of electic greese in it and from the shop that discoverd this they told me that its not supose to be there.

so from my whole expeirnece wit intense i have been spendign the past year to get teh motor working properly. but it just seems liek its one thing after another.

I honestly feel liek i was cheated and used. im sure they knew of this too but jsut didnt care. i didnt know alot about turbo motors and stuff but now i do. they knew i was spending all my money there and form the resluts that i got i felt as if i was ripped off and lied too. but it was my mistake for tursting them so much and beliveiving everythign they told me. thats why i didnt post it up for so long. and when i started my new thread i was simply sharing wiht son waht my car has gone through and the type of problems. just that ignorant users on son had to chirp and talk smack.

wow… just wow

wow man … that is extreme … but i can somewhat feel your pain with being cheated. in the past, i bought an s13 from a guy off of SON, i was UBERLY cheated. I didint know much about cars, and i was just excited that it was my first. Ended up killing almost 3 grand, hard worked, slavery money ( worked at clothing stores etc) only to buy a car that 1) didint run, 2) had a clean looking body, with a fucking black hole in the engine bay ( drivers wheel well) and missing electronic/engine components. But that was the past, and i learned from that mistake, now things have gotten better, i got a daily driver, and now i can save for a CLEAN canvas to start painting on.

I just hope everything turned out well for you, fucking sucks when shit like that happens.

Mikey…really man…do u really think complaining from behind your keyboard will fix nething? In the other thread…people who actually have tuning experiance (ie Sasha…Dan etc.) really kinda told the story from a pov that just isn’t you complaining. I don’t really know what happened, but someone led you astray somewhere and I hope this all gets resolved properly because this really isn’t going to accomplish anything, and I’m sure on their side of things it is incredibly frustrating for them to try and make such a swap work properly with only $9000…how long do you really think it takes to do such a swap? Theres two people that work at that shop, and I will probably say that you were not the only paying customer, so when your car was waiting for parts, they needed to get other customers into the shop to actually PAY BILLS since IMO they kinda tried to cut you a deal since at the time you were a student. Once again, I really hope this gets resolved and everyone is complacent and this name calling and who did what wrong is put to an end because to me it seems extremely childish

I’d love to keep reading about your experiences but after about the 10th spelling mistake I gave up…
Good luck with that

yeah sorry old pc sticky keys.

for 9k i could of had the motor done alot better. now that i know more about the motor and shops that are straight up wiht me.

I don’t know about anything else that was said, but justifying poor workmanship because they didn’t charge a lot doesn’t work. If you agreed to do something for X amount of dollars, don’t be a dick and screw it up just because you found out you weren’t making enough money at a later date.

Exactly, I see more and more of these stories pop up everyday. Learn from your mistake and move on Born2beaskyline, I hope everything works out for you.

^^ 9K is still a lot of money. this kind of thing shouldn’t be covered up either, it should be there 4 all users. reflects badly on a son sponsor & son.

I can vouch for this as I now own this car as a parts car. Nik Both frame rails were full of expanding foam by the way, the guy really tried to hide the rot.

Borntobe: Its unfortunate that You had to deal with this, however man when you’re getting custom work done sometimes it just doesn’t work out easy. I work on cars all day and sometimes something you did a week ago on another car that took 15 minutes ends up taking 6 hours on another car due to stubborn bolts, etc. This is why its best to do your own custom work/swaps - there really is no better way to learn then to get in there and bust some knuckles open.

i find it interesting how they didn’t answer your calls on your cell but on other numbers. and even while u were at the shop?

You live and you learn B2BSkyline, that’s all. Don’t hope for the best, prepare for the worst…thats how we are forced to think in this world today. MOST people are out to better themselves, not others…there are the exceptions, but they are few.

Now, just learn from that experience and move on…you’ll better yourself in the end.

ryan shutup lol

so 99% true to most ppl indeed… anyways the story mikey telling is true and he is entitled to his thread. if what he says is true why cant he post it? he isnt shit talkn or making things up. he isnt knocking intense shop either. he is just stating his whole experience. this is a forum. we share and communicate.

edit: after reading justins post… it seems clear

Fixed :smiley:

Ok so if you would like to make sure your side is clear then maybe you should make sure you are telling the whole story not just bits and pieces.

Coolant Hoses
On your bill you were charged for 1 rad hose and 2 heater hoses. There is not one charge for a lower rad hose.

Compression Test
Yes we did a test. When we picked up the engine. How does anyone of us know that the person you are comparing us to knows what they are doing and has a proper high quality gauge which is regularly used? We have no reason to lie since it would save us this kind of grief that you are creating.

Oil Pan Sealant
What we used is a high temp RTV sealant. This is a common practice because it performs much better then a cork or paper gasket. Also it is supplied with the factory pans from Nissan. There is no possible way the sump got clogged by using this sealant. You would have to coat the bottom of the sump to get results like you are describing. As for the pan itself leaking we had never detected this. If we had it would have been fixed.

Idle Issue
The issue was diagnosed as an IAC issue and it was decided at that time to insert a restrictor in the line to bring the idle down to 900-1000. Which is acceptable. Unfortunately in the stock ECU the IAC duty properties cannot be changed. An EMS would solve this issue.

Harness
Pictures tell a thousand words however I would post them but cannot post attachments in this section. The only part that was not loomed was 8" at the end of the temp sensor wires and other few wires directly beside the water neck everything below above and beside were loomed. We did however check before doing this and noted that it would cause no adverse effects. Sorry but there is no way I would state that it was to hard to get to.

Rust In Motor/Timing Belt
There is no way to check for calcium deposits and rust inside an engine without disassembly. Yes the timing belt was tight and needed to be re-adjusted. This was brought up by yourself and we said that we could fix that in 20min. You chose to have it done before we could get to it.

Boost T
Thank you for acknowledging that issue did not have anything to do with the job we performed.

Car and parts outside
The vehicle spent a majority of it’s time inside the shop. Occasionally it was put outside due to waiting on parts either supplied by us or yourself. I don’t seem to remember having a bunch of spare parts here. Maybe you are talking about the unneeded old parts. You were more then welcome to take them home with you on your many trips up here.

Throttle Body
Yes your TB was dirty causing the plate to be stiff we cleaned it 3 times to no avail. We modified your TB by removing the traction control motor on the side of the throttle body since it was not required with your swap. Yes there are two screws there however they are supposed to be for adjustment of that motor. What the shop did was adjust the TB plate screw which allowed the plate to open ever so slightly raising your idle once again. After your trip to have this fixed at another shop you returned here and said it was still doing the same thing.

A/F Gauge
We recommended the AEM wideband and you opted for an Autometer narrow band. The main power issue from previous work done before was causing the issue with it working sometimes.

Battery Tray
We have this installed in many of our personal vehicles and most customers. Never have we had an issue.

Motor/Tranny Mt’s
The mount kit we were sent did not fit. To fix this issue we modified them to fit then copied the updated design so that we would never run into the issue again. You were charged accordingly and never charged for the modifications needed. There is no way we would charge you $1000 for mounts that don’t fit then charge you an additional amount to make them fit.

Phone Calls
With only two people working here and being high in peoples minds to build their vehicles we cannot always answer the phone. We try to return phone calls as much as possible and we do encourage customers to stop by whenever they would like because of us not being able to stop working just to answer the phone. We have since hired a new employee to assist in this issue. We do not discriminate against any customer so I feel your ignoring your calls is unfounded. The reason we did not answer the phone when you were here is a perfect example we were dealing with you at the time and your more important at that time then someone calling. You advised us also to not call your house or leave messages.

Your Bill $457
We do not have a bill for you @ that amount. We have a bill totaling $210.08 which was for installing wideband, diagnosis of poor drivability, adjust timing, flush rad and fix air/fuel gauge. Plus a coolant flush, spark plugs and o2 sensor bung.

In the same day we diagnosed and replaced your faulty boost tee which we never received payment.

"Jeeze howd that happen bud?
I believe this was when you stated the exhaust manifold stud had broken and there was an exhaust leak. Once again if you would have done the recommended gaskets during the build this would not have been an issue.

ECU/Coil Packs
Not sure why you think you have the wrong ECU? Again the recommended AEM EMS would fix all your issues. At no time do I remember disassembling the coil pack harness and would have no reason to have. However whenever we do do wiring everything is soldered then shrink tubed.

Grease On The Coils and Plugs
This is called dielectric grease and is recommended inside of that connection actually it can be used in all electrical connections. It prevents moisture from effecting the conductivity of the connection.

A swap never includes fixing previous issues with a vehicle.
I don’t see how you could feel cheated we kept telling you there were things you needed and do to your budget constraints you chose not to do them. Some of these things would have prevented alot of the issues you have had and are having.

Thought the entire build we did our best to try and help you out both financially and assisted in direction of your choices.

Yes in the past few years we have learned alot about business practices and have realized that a job cannot be performed correctly unless an accurate quote can be given and the customer can meet that quote. However in no way does this mean the quality of your build changed.

On a closing note once again we apologize for any miscommunication or grief you have felt throughout your build and we wish you the best of luck in the future. By no means did we mean to make this difficult for you.

Hope to see you at the track this year.

After reading this:

“A/F Gauge
We recommended the AEM wideband and you opted for an Autometer narrow band. The main power issue from previous work done before was causing the issue with it working sometimes.”

All I have to say is wow… if you chose a Narrowband over a wideband, that’s all I have to say.

awesome post justin,

Very professional, and very well backed-up.

A+

I knew the other side of this story wasn’t as bad as Mike made it out to be. I don’t know the Intense guys personally, but everything I’ve ever seen from them has shown me quality work, and excellence in their craft.

Shit happens, yes, but if they’ve only ever recieved good response and shown good work, and you’re the first person anyone’s heard get this vocal about their issues with them, either they have a hit squad keeping people quiet, or you weren’t telling the whole story.

Thanks for sharing your side of the issue Justin.