JDM source

The RB25DET is listed at 2200 USD and 2770 CAD on their website. However if you roll on over to your friendly neighbourhood www.xe.com, you see that they are hosing you for an additional 500 bucks.

So i called jdmsource to find out what was going on, and they said they “wont give a better price based on X conversion” and that “80% of their customers are based in the US”. What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Theyre a god damned canadian company why are they fucking their own kind?

I mentioned another company that would give it to me cheaper and he said “Well i think our engines speak for themselves” which wouldnt be a biased comment not even in the slightest.

Anyone ever get an engine from these guys? I cant really see how they would give “better quality” engines. My understanding is that these things are pulled outta random cars in japan and that its luck of the draw.

Needless to say, i think im gonna go with japanracingengines just to spite these guys if they will give me the same pricing on shipping…

yea i was gona buy an rb25 off them but they woudlnt give me there U.S prices. Just go there wit U.S funds and pay them the U.S prices :smiley:

I wouldn’t buy anything off that guy.

Did you end up buying from them? haha i was gonna get my brother in law who lives in the states to just phone in and get it delivered to edmonton lol.

why not? can you recommend a better place?

Have you bought anything from jdmsource, or are you just basing that on what ST said? (Not being a dick, just curious)

ST, I asked jdmsource the exact same question and got a pretty confusing answer as well. I also asked him about bringing american money (like silvertable said) and got another crappy answer (wouldn’t allow it for whatever reason), so I wouldn’t recommend bringing american money expecting to pay the american price.

One thing I can say though is the RB25 I got from them was amazing, started up first try and has ran very well ever since (minus me not replacing the front main seal when I had the engine out). I would definitely go there again, at least for an RB, there were a lot of skeptical sr’s there when I went.

Good to hear man. That being said, i still find it hard to believe they are able “screen” their engines or whatever more than the next engine importer and that its pretty much luck of the draw…

I went to buy an mr2 off that guy… lied about it’s condition… had all this damage all over it… paint fade.He told me it was mint… i brought cash and registration and a plate. Wasted my time… and lied to me about how things work in japan. Would not deal with him ever again.

Not even

I dont even want to tell you guys about the P.O.S Sr20det that guy sold me… i feel like an idiot for putting as much into fixing it as i have… :oops:
B.T.W. good luck getting your money back after he sells you a lemon. But hey maybe you’ll get lucky! :roll:

yea its stupid how he wont give us canadian deals or why he wont at least give us 10 percent off or something haha but yea i bough an engine off him and it ran pretty good

yah you sure have to give the SR credit… mine ran despite a fcked turbo set up, hacked harness (me thinks this engine once had a piggy back), blown clutch, blown tranny, and completly worn out valve guides, fcked cams, head needed to be honed, (i’m getting into my bottem end this weekend) but it still ran strong! made 247bhp on a dyno…

So what do you mean by this…

[quote=“ST240”]

So what do you mean by this…[/quote]

You said they come from Japan and I did not agree. Not from Japan

Heads don’t get honed.

WAT?

ah k. makes sense now. which leads to my next question: why does he call himself JDMsource :roll:

[quote=“ST240”]

ah k. makes sense now. which leads to my next question: why does he call himself JDMsource :roll:[/quote]

Japanese-spec engines for Japanese vehicles

[quote=“Invalid Zero”]

WAT?[/quote]

I went into the back storage area to pick up my rb, I saw a bunch of skeptical LOOKING sr’s. As in they looked like shit. I don’t know how they ran, but some looked pretty beat up, that’s all.

Heads don’t get honed.

[/quote]

They do when dirty oil gets between your cam and the head

Well… I got my rb in, wired it up, and sure as shit, started first try. Idled like a fucking dog tho so i replaced the plugs and redid a bunch of vac lines and now she idles like a champ. I guess his words held true, props to jdm source.