JDM Tach not working

I put in a JDM gauge cluster with my SR. Every thing works but the tach. From my understanding it’s supposed to be a plug and play thing. Just wondering if anyone has run in to this before or know of any where to find more info about it. Oh yeah it’s for an S13 thanks

whenever i see someone talking about the JDM cluster, they usually mention that the tach was swapped out for the KA tach.

that will fix the problem but i’m not sure how to make the JDM tach work, maybe someone else here does

hmmm. From the searching I’ve been doing most people in the US swap the JDM tach in to their USDM cluster so they can keep the miles/hour but still have the tach with the right redline. My old cluster was from a single cam so it wouldn’t work with the new twin cam motor.

Most people swap in the whole JDM cluster into their SR swapped cars. You get the higher redline. In a DOHC you dont NEED to swap it in, but in a SOHC chassis, you need to.

It might be possible you swapped in a CA cluster.

Right, I did swap the whole cluster too. I was wondering about it being a CA cluster but from what I’ve been told the SR’s have a solid redline that starts at 7500 while the CA’s have a dotted line then turns solid. Mine has the solid redline. I talked to some one at autodream and he said he could probably fix it for around $40. I figure if they’re only going to charge me that much it’s probably something that’s not too hard to do. I just don’t know what it is yet :roll: :slight_smile:

check your dash harness plug off of the ecu, see if the yellow/red strip wire is connected to the same color wire on the KA plug!

The part number for that cluster probably ends in 35F00, I have a cluster like that, that doesn’t work on SR swaps.

hmmm interesting I’ll check that, thanks. Do you know what the difference is in them?

No, I never did find out. I used a 91 240sx cluster.

The part # actually has a 52F01 ? But I gave in and brought it to Autodream and now it seems to work. I’m about to bolt it in, in a few minutes. But I heard from some one that it’s just the year that’s the difference but he couldn’t tell the difference between them. So I’m not too sure. And Autodream charged me $60 plus tax :roll: :slight_smile: . But at least I have a stock tach that works. :slight_smile: Thanks for the help by the way