Jeg on the Economy

Yeah…but there is just one little detail…right now we are in the worst state that this country has been in since the great depression. Obama has no clue what he’s doing. Bitch about Bush all you want…but since Obama came into power, we didnt continue a steady decline…we did a total face plant.

Yeah look at that faceplant!
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/national/gdp/gdp_large.gif

Ahh must be the result of the 650,000 jobs Obama created. I must be retarded. I thought that unemployment was still at a record high.

Honestly…I wouldn’t believe much of anything the government spews out at this point. But hey, what do I know. I’m just an uneducated redneck remember. Guess I should put all my faith in the government to fix everything like so many other people.

Jobs will be the last thing to recover. We need sustained economic growth before the job losses switch to job gains. We’re on the way, but too soon junior.

Talk about a face plant!!!
http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/graphics/LNS14000000_80674_1259600449875.gif
(Unemployment Rate)

:bloated: Yes. Because our country is getting Sooooo much better. You’re smart and so well educated. Explain to me what is happening right now that the GDP is going up, yet more and more people are unemployed? Shouldn’t it directly reflect the amount of people NOT working? The GDP may be up, but that’s becase of the cash for clunkers program, which will hurt us in the long run. The national debt has gone up 4X what it was in the past year, Unemployment is at a 26 year high… So where is all this extra GDP coming from? because its not coming from us.

Oh my bad. To my understanding we’re trillions in debt. Guess its gettin paid off. :tup:.

/sarcasm

How do we get sustained economic growth without jobs? Obama Money?

Jesus christ. How many things can you get wrong in one post?
1.) GDP drives unemployment. Not the other way around. GDP goes down, there’s a lag, then unemployment goes up. GDP goes back up, there’s a lag, then unemployment goes back down. What is happening right now is that we are in that lag, and it hasn’t gone up enough to get to previous levels yet. It does not reflect the amount of people not working any more than circumstancially. Unless you worked at Lehman, you didn’t suddenly lose your job when private investment went in the shitter overnight. It took awhile.
2.) Cash for clunkers? It’s such a small part of the GDP that we could have 10 of them and it wouldn’t make a 1% blip.
3.) Unemployment is at a 26 year high because of an inherited recession. Like I said, that stock market crash in 2008 is showing up with jobs now.
4.) You’ve been pwned on the 4x national debt issue before, someone needs to quote Fry.

We’ve been over this before.

And therein lies the problem. It’s not that you should trust the government. Nobody should ever trust their government. It’s that so many people spew their favorite rhetoric despite having no idea what the facts are.

You can usually count on me for that. I am my biggest fan. :pimp:

JEG would be really pissed if he knew that government spending is part of the GDP summation, so a portion of the GDP rise is coming from deficite spending AKA “Obama Money.” Shhh nobody tell him…

lmao this chart is so misleading. Unemplyment is still on the rise. All of this “growth” is caused by borrowing and inflation. You cant have a recovery with unemployment on the rise. You can fake one for a little while, but we will soon see what that does.

You can’t turn around unemployment without a recovery. You have to prime the pump.

rly? Ok let me know when unemployment starts to turn around. Kuz i PROMISE you its not going to. That is if we keep committing to this same style of “recovery” that everyone is so convinced is going to work.

Raw data is misleading? :io:

All I want to add is thank you for un-shitting up my awesome political cartoon thread by moving this crap to it’s own thread.

There’s no way to force private investment to come back in. The best thing we can do is to have the government eat the slack demand for awhile until it’s self-sustaining.

By eating slack demmand you mean paper over everything which we both know me and you have very different viewpoints on that so instead of shitting up this thread with our vast but differeing knowledge i will just say that history, austrian economics, and my gut tell me its not going to get better, only worse.

haha, austrian economics theory acceptable. JEGonomics invalid.

i must admit i did piccard as soon as i saw the thread title. Guess its my fault for clicking on the thread in the first place.