jesse banned.

firstly, if he were anyone else i would have banned him too for the stupid shit he was saying today, so no arguement there.

however, he did donate $20.

unlike NEO, who selectively issues refunds to banned members, we should issue a refund because no where do we touch this issue stating that we would not.

sooooooooo, unless there is a good reason why we shouldnt give him $20 back, will go ahead and do it.

btw, no additional flaming here, just stick with this issue.

jesse doesnt want back anyways…

so refund?

i personally think that anyone who donated and is banned should get the $$$ back. i dont think we have a claim to that money if we disassociate ourselves with that person

HE IS NOT BANNED, ONLY HIS ACCOUNT IS DELETED

Lets say he got the stickers - $5

We are now in the 5th month of 2004 meaning hes used 1/3 of the
membership period… so thats 1/3 of the remainder…

Give him $10 back.

I didn’t ban him, I deleted his account and he can create a new one if he
would like. This is a message because he doesn’t seem to change his ways.

Posting stuff like “All of the information on this forum is useless anyways”
and having a generally negative attitude towards the forum is not
acceptable.

By deleting his account the goal was to both send a message and change
his posting patterns. It was designed to cut back on the B/S posts increasing
his post count. If he would like to sign up, I can add him back to the
members section. If he wants out, give him his $10 back. I feel bad in a
way because I know Jesse means well, but we have to keep things in the
best interest of the club. Behaviour like this on the forum is not acceptable.

Just remember, I did not kick him out, I merely deleted his account to send
a message and he is free to sign up again. If he leave it is his choice.

It sucks having to be the “bad guy”, but someone needed to do something
in the best interest of the club.

at cost his stickers would be about $1.

i’ll talk it over with him and see what he says.

this situation might be touchy because he is my friend, but to point out again, regardless of how much time has elapsed since donation, if he were someone else i think we would probably come to the conclusion that they would get their money back. and that is probably a better message to send anyways.

as opposed to calculating how much of the members status he has ‘used’ so to speak.

that is what i am saying, yes.

but i would question the benefits.

how much extra did it cost SON to accomodate him for that 3-4 month period?

what specific benefits did he derive that he otherwise could not have?

but most importantly, are we so snippy to actually go through and apply a value to any package of time / benefit and take it away from the $20?

it is $20.

in any other case, giving back the $20 would make the statement that the persons money is not ‘wanted’

saying that jesse some how owes us $8 or $6.89 or what ever would imply that we need the money or that he owes it to SON, and that there already existed some sort of unbiased scheme for calculating how and when a person has derived value from the club. this of course is not the case.

it would be easier and more efficient to simply say,

let him take his money and run.

because that is what would happen in the future if someone else were in the same situation. especially if that person were to complain.

if it were $2000 in stead of $20 and we tries that sort of thing, we would have little to no grounds for defense is small claims court. seeing as how we are not an offically registered organization of any kind. we are entirely informal.

more important that singling out or insulting jesse, we should set the precident for how this type of scenario will be played out in the future

answer is simple.

make a membership rule/guideline that EVERY member MUST follow and clearly state that a breach(sp?) in this rule will result in the removal of the violating member WITH OUT REFUND.

that’s all we have to do.

Example:
Excessive posting and flaming on the board for no good reason, adding no useful information, and/or verbally attacking other members is NOT ALLOWED. If a member is in violation of this rule, his or her membership will be revoked WITH OUT a refund.

done, and done.

In this case, Jesse is being accused of post whoring and whatever, but does the club rules clearly state that this sort of thing is NOT allowed and that you may be kicked out WITH OUT a refund? If yes, then no refund. If no, then give the man back his $20 and make him strip off his SON240SX.CA sticker NOT because it’s part of the membership fee, but because he is no longer a SON240SX member.

thank you.

This is a rough draft. Maybe joining members should read it before even getting their membership verification.

No post whoring (ie. One word posts, off topic posts). This will keep the garbage down on the forum, so searching for information will be easier.

Please use proper grammar when posting. Nothing is more frustrating than having to decipher someone’s post when trying to help them find a car, or fix a technical problem. We understand that some people might have difficulties when spelling or proper punctuation. We strongly advise using www.dictionary.com before posting. Help us help you. :slight_smile:

No flaming Management or SON as a whole. If you don’t like it you are free to find another local 240sx board. If you have a problem with this forum, stick to the appropriate thread and section to voice your complaint. http://forums.son240sx.ca/viewtopic.php?t=4396

Please keep your threads in the appropriate sections. Read your posts carefully before submitting them. Are the posts Technical? General? Off Topic? Verify by checking each section’s description.

One of the most important rules should be to always SEARCH. We have a very useful FAQs and How To section, as well as a Search function up top. I suggest using it before asking a question that has been beaten to death over and over again.

The Faq and How to section is mainly for reasearching, do not post a new topic there. That’s what the Technical section is for.

Management has the right to revoke any and all memberships without notice. Failure to follow these simple rules might be grounds for a flaming (tongue lashing). If cooperation is not found, we shall go a step further and review your account for deletion and eventually a ban from the SON240sx.ca forum. Your membership fee will not be refunded, as you have read these terms and have signed on knowing what is expected of you.

Bing if we want to set a precedent we cannot give him back the amount
in whole. Besides he used more than his fair share of bandwidth with his
huge sig and whatnot.

Marc, we should also add all of the rule in the new members section to
that statement.

OK, Jesse posts alot of BS and was trying to get banned. In that case it serves him right.

On the other hand, certain people have been getting into conflicts with him. Jesse is a good asset to this club, I NEVER have problems reasoning with him. He is a good guy, and can be reasoned with if reasoned with properly. There has been alot of provoking going on lately between him and others.

I think banning him was not the proper means of action, he is our friend and fellow 240 enthusiast. He payed his dues, and will probably continue to do so. Banning him was the easy way out.

As for guidelines and such, I already mentioned this and discussed it with Gonad a while back. Things have come to stand-still on the boards again when it comes to organization and membership stuff.

Thats all I have to say,

Andrew.

P.S. I payed $35 membership fee, and that was changed. Do I get some money back? I’m not asking for it back, it was donated and therefore stays with the club. He donated that money to the club. It stays in the club, and so does he.

Ok nobody type the word ‘banned’ again. Jesse WAS NOT BANNED.

It was his own fault, he had been warned numerous times - so Andrew deleted his account so as to remove his post count and discourage futher garbage posts. This was to send a message. If he wants to remake his account, I am sure he will be granted full member priveleges until 12 months from his donation date. That’s up to him. I dont think he should get any refund - he didn’t follow the rules.

Jesse is a good guy I have talked with him alot outside of the board. And it almost seems to me that he has been ganged up on, from my point of view. If he comes back that would be great, I never noticed his BS posts but maybe they were deleted before I saw them.

I think about the refund, if a member is banned within 30days of member account activation, they are entitled to full refund. If a member is banned “kicked out” after that period they get no refund and they must remove all SON stickers off of their 240SX.

If a member leaves at anytime they are not entitled to a refund but may keep stickers on the 240SX.

good point.

we do not have any claim to his $20…

if he wants it back, he should get it back.

as for not being banned, banned and deleted is the same shit , different pile, and equally if not more insulting.

he should get his $$$ back, and so should other people who are ‘deleted’ if they have members status.

Banned means he will never post on here for an extended period of time or ever again.

Deleted just means that his account has been reset. It’s a really harsh warning.

good point.

we do not have any claim to his $20…

if he wants it back, he should get it back.

as for not being banned, banned and deleted is the same s**t , different pile, and equally if not more insulting.

he should get his $$$ back, and so should other people who are ‘deleted’ if they have members status.[/quote]

The idea was to be insulting, maybe THEN he’ll get a clue Bing…

Your bitter because it happened to you…

That money has no claim at all, there is no receipt anyways so it’s anyones money…

To clarify were not trying to screw him out of money, were taking compensation for the stuff he used and the resources he used and we’ll give him back part of the money…[/quote]

easy now bob,

u dont know what happened, and i am bitter about nothing.

it was between alex, markatos and i, and you havent met them.

and they owe me $125 that i donated…

andrew, i forwarded the SON card design to the print company, but the quality wasnt good enough to reprint.

they are waiting for me to get them a better quality example, but i dont have it

i have heard from 6-10 people already who have expressed disbelief and disapproval regarding the treatment towards Jesse… both in person and on-line.

who was at the heart of the decision

Jesse had 6-10 negative posts in a row, especially making rude comments towards SON240sx…

His account was reset as a warning, he was not banned.

As far as I am concerned Jesse has quit, and is not entitled to a refund.

I’ve met Jesse on a number of occasions and I hate do do what I did, but
it needed to be done. He just doesnt seem to get that SON is not a
daycare, and that he can’t say anything he wants and get away with it.

You even said yourself bing that had it been anyone other than Jesse you would have banned them. I didn’t even go so far as to ban him, I gave
him a chance. It might be hard for you to see as his friend, but it had to be done.

Now if Jesse doesn’t want to come back thats his choice, but either way
he is not entitled to a refund.

He has given his membership spot to Applesauce now.

Jesse QUIT, end of story.

First of all I am very good friend with Jesse. Secondly hes a dumbass. Thirdly he should be banned yes… BUT hes does have a point about the way things are going on SON. Not to say he is right in anyway but I haven’t had a computer for almost 2 months now and still don’t and in those two months I haven’t seen a damn thing change when it comes to this bullshit. Like I said I don’t believe Jesse went about it the right way but to be honest with you I think he has a point on the matter. No I don’t think he should get his $20 back because it was a donation. You don’t see people taking money back from sick kid’s donation n stuff like that n hell its $20 to a good cause.

What exactly was his point? Did anyone get it? because I sure didn’t.

All I saw was a bunch of wining and negativity with no clear suggestions
for us to improve.

My suggestion is to grow up stop crying and post more How-Tos instead of bitching and moaning about other members. Oh yea and Jesse is a fat jew… that was the other point.