Jesus Debate

[quote=“audios,post:79,topic:25247"”]

this thread needs to die on a cross just like jesus supposedly did.

fuck religion, i prefer my car forum of choice talking about zombies and ninjas

[/quote]

its actually written history that a man named Jesus lived and was crucified for his crimes of blasphemy. what is up to belief is whether or not he rose from the dead.

like don said, i too believe in a God and it helps me be a better man. religion isn’t for everyone, but for those that it fits, it really helps.

[quote=“dawn,post:120,topic:25247"”]

Listen to this.

My mom’s a jew, my dad’s a methodist. I never went to church or temple. How can you believe anything is true when 2 different religions are the “right one.”

There is no god. Face it. There’s no higher power. Evolution did happen and does exist. When you die, you go into the ground, or burn up. That’s it.

I wasn’t baptized. I’m going to fucking hell.

In my opinion, and no offense, but religious people are just too scared to face the facts. They want to feel as if there is something out there helping them. I’m not saying this is wrong, but I think it’s a little silly.

EDIT: Well Jay’s post just made this thread a whole lot better.

[/quote]

i wouldnt say im scared of any of these facts. if nothing exists after this life…well, ok. what if something does and youre the one thats wrong? oops? no one can know for sure. i believe what i believe and it gives me hope.

its human nature to search for explanations to things we cannot understand. i look at the universe and cant help but think ‘how can this all be just by chance? how does everything work together so perfectly. even our little planet just so happens to be in the perfect orbit around our star that we have the right climate for life.’ to me, it has to be some sort of intelligent design, not just a 1 of 1240120940129309 chance.

I look at the universe too.

It’s out my window.

I say, “Won’t you come home soon, Universe?”

And do you want to know what it replies with?

Nothing. It’s mean, rude and heartless.

[quote=“woody,post:121,topic:25247"”]

its actually written history that a man named Jesus lived and was crucified for his crimes of blasphemy. what is up to belief is whether or not he rose from the dead.

[/quote]

So why does that mean god is real and that other old writings arent?

[quote=“woody,post:122,topic:25247"”]

to me, it has to be some sort of intelligent design, not just a 1 of 1240120940129309 chance.

[/quote]

And since you are woodrow, i respect that…
Whatever you choose to believe is right for you…

Theres an old buddhist story…

Short Short Short Version
There was a hermit who lived on an island in the middle of the lake, and people believed him to be a holy man. One monk went out to visit him believing him to be a holy man. When he found out the man on the lake was saying the prayer to the gods all wrong, he pitied him and taught him the “right” way. When the man paddled away on his boat back to shore the holy man walked on the water to ask him how to say the prayer right again.

If you’re a decent person, some sort of heaven is attainable…unless there is nothing…or you’re poor.

[quote=“EvilJay,post:125,topic:25247"”]

snip

[/quote]

well that basicly sums up my views on the whole thing.

i love when people say they’re going to pray for me. “im gonna pray for you so hard…”

“well, im going to drink this gin, do some blow, and fuck this hooker over there. but thanks for praying for me!” /david cross

but for serious, i dont really believe in all of that nonsence. i dont care if you do, hey man, its your fucking thing. do it, do it hard! you liek it? oh ya, i bet you do.

just dont attempt to press you beliefs onto me. please. thats not cool.

All hail.

http://www.bacardi-pubandbar.co.uk/siteimages/medium/New-JD-Bottle1.jpg

^^^^LOL,now thats classic!

I choose not to believe anything backed up by the guy that Directed the movie “Titanic.” :gay:

im communed and confirmed catholic. and as bikerfry said, i just hope im forgiven for my sins when i get to them pearly gates

If you are Saved then…

Know that Jesus died for our sins -> Ask him into your heart -> Repent/ Confess sin -> have a relationship with God/Jesus (that means actually read your bible and pray). You should know that you’re saved not hope, if there is doubt then make more of an effort. Im not saying if youre not a perfect person you wont go to heaven(we’re all sinners); but if you say you are saved and you have no relationship with God then at Judgement after you die Jesus will say that he never knew you and you will go to Hell. Taking comunion and being baptized wont save you, they are acts of obedience. People think that if Jesus/God is so forgiving then nobody should go to hell but the kicker about Free Will is that you have to ask for forgiveness.

Im not trying to push my religion on anyone Im just stating what the Bible says. Don’t ask for versus because Im no Pastor, if you’re that intrested go to Church. I use to claim that I was a Christian but I never practiced it and I thought “Churchies” were judgemental weirdos. I thought I could believe whatever I wanted but I was really just ignorant. My life was full of negativity and selfishness before I came to Christ. Since then I have had nothing but Positiveness. People that have faith are not all idiots that think they are better than everyone else, the majority are very intelligent, warm, and forgiving people. I sin in some way daily but all I can do as a human being is try to better myself, as long as I make the effort then Im moving in the right direction.

Believe what you want but don’t bash someone for their faith. When you do that you’re just as bad as those people running around with “God hates Fags” signs that you think are idiots. If you think I’m a Jesus freak then ignore my post, Im just trying to shed some light on what being a Christian is really about. This post is for believers and non, take it or leave it.

werd

Arent Catholics supposed to kill a goat every third sunday of lent?

Thats what my family always did.

No jay…your confused…that’s dumbasses :stuck_out_tongue:

I fail to see the difference! ooooh, burn!

<3

Come to the south.
Proof there is no high power.

1. Nascar
  2. Religion
  3. Country Music

In that order.

[quote=“jeeves744,post:124,topic:25247"”]

So why does that mean god is real and that other old writings arent?

[/quote]

i was stating that a man named jesus lived and died when someone else had stated that he may or may not have… it was as simple as i left it. im not sure what youre getting at.

Small as hell, but still amusing:

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1735&stc=1&d=1173144317