Job offer

[quote=“Marcus,post:18,topic:30384"”]

You seem to have quite a dillema. It all depends where your priorities are. Does the 1-yr away from your girl mean you may grow apart? or make you guys stronger? Is your contract 100% renewable? I was in the same situation last year. I got a job offer with IBM Global Services starting pay was 125k. The location was in Southern Cal and this meant moving out there, working long hours. I was not prepared to leave everything behind including family. Cost of living is also high. Tough call on what you will do but good luck with whatever you decide.

[/quote]

our long distance for 1 year we had to do before made us stronger, but i was also coming back to visit one weekend every month. This job it would be zero visits for at least a year.

[quote=“RedDawg,post:21,topic:30384"”]

This job it would be zero visits for at least a year.

[/quote]

If I was offered a job shortly before I was engaged that would prevent me from even seeing my girl for at least a year there isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell that I’d take it. But then again, I can pretty much guarantee the relationship wouldn’t have made it.

Good luck with your decision!

our long distance for 1 year we had to do before made us stronger, but i was also coming back to visit one weekend every month. This job it would be zero visits for at least a year.

[/quote]

She can’t get on a plane for a weekend?

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:23,topic:30384"”]

She can’t get on a plane for a weekend?

[/quote]

from what i was told quickly over the phone no one is allowed to have family on site until the power plant is up and running and security is established. It makes sense they wouldn’t want anyone not working for the company to be near a partially built power plant.

[quote=“BikerFry,post:22,topic:30384"”]

If I was offered a job shortly before I was engaged that would prevent me from even seeing my girl for at least a year there isn’t a snowball’s chance in hell that I’d take it. But then again, I can pretty much guarantee the relationship wouldn’t have made it.

Good luck with your decision!

[/quote]

thats the way i’m leaning, its not like i’m the sole provider for us when we officially become “us”. She’ll graduate with a nursing degree and be making some pretty good $$ also.

what about hotels…any around in a 50 mile radius? Would you be able to leave the work site on weekends?

[quote=“Marcus,post:26,topic:30384"”]

what about hotels…any around in a 50 mile radius? Would you be able to leave the work site on weekends?

[/quote]

from the way it sounded its in a pretty remote area. I won’t get specific details unless i actually go interview with the company. But i don’t want to sign up for an interview if i’m not prepared to 100% jump at the offer.

sounds like you have already decided to stay and need to
be convinced to leave.

1 year is on site would be 2.25 full time jobs…

so, your earnings are not really that great.
just get another job as the walmart greeter to pay off any debts :slight_smile:
at least your not retired yet.

[quote=“drvnkd,post:28,topic:30384"”]

sounds like you have already decided to stay and need to
be convinced to leave.

1 year is on site would be 2.25 full time jobs…

so, your earnings are not really that great.
just get another job as the walmart greeter to pay off any debts :slight_smile:
at least your not retired yet.

[/quote]

yeah i think i’m going to thank my uncle but pass on it. I just wanted to get some other points of view before i fully decided. The $$ would be nice but like someone said earlier what good is the $$ if it turns me into a 31 y/o with no family & no friends.

Im witholding judgement until I see pics of the G/F

pics stat!

I turned down a 50/60k job in the middle of no where, it was a career change that i was not interested in. Also 17 hour days is harsh. The bonus a month was between $1-3k. Give it some SERIOUS thought

it could be worth the interview…
they have to sell you on the job, as much as you have to
sell yourself… (if they are really that interested that is)

you never know what or where their next job will be.

its not always what you know…

[quote=“drvnkd,post:32,topic:30384"”]

it could be worth the interview…
they have to sell you on the job, as much as you have to
sell yourself… (if they are really that interested that is)

you never know what or where their next job will be.

its not always what you know…

[/quote]

the only reason i know about the position is because of my uncle putting in a good word for me. I’d hate to go to the interview but then not accept the job, it wouldn’t look good for him either. I pretty much decided to pass on this one. Thanks for everyone’s input.

This job it would be zero visits for at least a year.

[/quote]

That = no more relationship.

Working 7 days a week for a year = burn out in no time.

actually, if it’s a 7 day deal, you are not making very good money at all.

Your sanity counts too, remember.

However, you would probably save a lot…

ill do it, u can stay here