Job Search

I’m finding the same problem with other companies. I’m well qualified for what I’m applying for but I don’t hear back on the majority of stuff. At this point I think it may just be a Pittsburgh thing because I’ve been getting a lot of interest from outside the state. In fact, I’ve had more good job offers from places outside Pittsburgh than I’ve gotten interviews in this crappy town.

i wouldn’t say that… i have plenty of emails about offers to interview weekly. i think a lot has to do with networking and knowing people though.

thank you for paying my salary!

Eh?

you are a customer of my company’s

Oh, cool…what company do you work for?

Expedient… you have a few racks of servers here.

we are currently hiring two system admin’s and let me tell you university life is awesome!

Oh okay, yeah whitey we have quite a few servers down there. I can actually see your building (at least I think it’s your building from mine.

my gf just got hired by upmc this week. applied online last week, got a call the next day, interviewed the next day, and got the call that she was hired this week. she starts her training on the 2nd or 3rd i think. she’s at upmc horizon (shenango) though, much farther north than the oakland branches.