need job STILL

ya, i still need a job i tried all the places mentioned in my old thread and due to the classified rules i cant post there so im posting in ot,
after my previous thread i tried all the mentioned places appplied called ext and still nothing, i also reapplied at all the usual place like kmart and such as well, i really dont understand what i can be doing wrong

PLEASE HELP

are you wearing nice pants and a shirt and tie when you go in?

Is your resume up to date, professional and accurate?

Are you applying to places, then calling back ~1 week later to check status of application and show interest?

do you look presentable? Are you enthusiastic about the job potential? Did you follow up after the interview?

I honestly don’t know how you don’t have a job. When I was your age I was never unemployed for more than a few weeks.

Be assertive and respectable and you shouldn’t have any problems

EDIT: you’re doing something wrong

Yeah, i’m out of a job too.

I can’t find anywhere thats hiring.
It’s terrible.

agreed, from age 13-22 I never had one day without a job. Then I had 45 days of not working, and i really needed that break from what i was doing. I then immediately got back into work, and i will never lose this job unless I leave and even that would be hard to do.

I am not trying to be a dick here.

But, how can you not find a job.

Are you picky?

Open a newspaper or drive around.

People are always desperate for dishwashers, servers, stockboys, sales…

Jesus… Go to tops, wegmans, lasertron, fast food joints, the mall…

Jobs are EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME.

idk wat, im thinking im presentable i have no piercings or MAKEUP, umm i dress fairly nice, i call about my applications, i dont want to resort to selling crack lol

www.buffalojobs.com
www.careerbuilder.com
www.monster.com
www.iambuffaloniagarajobs.com
ww.buffalojobfinder.com

Shit just go to google and go nuts. If those jobs dont work, walk into home depot, wegmans, tops etc… any big box retail and you should have a job in a week.

haha im on all those sites

go push carts at Tops

i applied at 3 different tops in person along with the online thing

i saw office depot was hiring. the one on main/transit.

wut skillz you gots?

start networking even at the age of 18 I was getting jobs through networking, nyspeed is a great place to do this but you haven’t exactly made a great impression on the community.

That being said, ask your friends if there are openings where they work.

auto detailing, basic auto skills, home remodeling, small engine repair,im tall and can reach high shelves,some computer knowledge, some indesign, some offset press, bindary skills,screen printing,good at selling stuff, can install systems and other auto electronics

Great advice. I have my current position thanks to who i know. You get in the door based on who you know. You climb the ladder based on what you know.

most dont work, and if they do you have to be 18 to work there or their not hiring

Have you applied at the billion print companies in buffalo

If you like, I can take a look your resume and make sure it looks ok…

i dotn really have a resume, at 17 i didnt think one was needed, ive never really worked at a job that wasnt family owned