Job Search

Ok Im pissed I applied at UPMC for like 15 different jobs that I am well over qualified for and I heard nothing back do they even check the site. Could any help me find a good job, I have not been contacted back yet and I have a strong resume I think

Computer Engineering degree from pitt, With financial analyst, and operations, exp along with technicial skills.

Please help

-will

That sucks, finding work around here is a pain…good luck!

upmc :kekegay:

you pretty much have to know someone or get lucky to get a call back… what did you apply for?

what are your qualifications? what do you want to do?

applied or some system analyst positions, some IT positions, Data managment positions. and other analyst positions

I am looking for something in the operations, Financial, or IT,IS feild.
Hardware/software troubleshoot repair, LAN/WAN networking/engineering.
Data modeling, strong Office skills, and programming skills. Ill shoot you my resume.

probably going to internal candidates :frowning:

then why even post the fucking shit!

because by law they have to

big assumption! they are only allowed to internally promote so many people per year… they have to post some new jobs to ‘fresh’ employees… remember upmc is a large company and has tons of jobs and employees.

huge assumption of course. But isn’t that what message boards are all about :wink:

The jobs aren’t going to internal people all the time. In order to transfer from job to job you have to be at your current job for over a year, that way you don’t have someone job hoping when they don’t like a job.

You might have the best qualifications in the world, but maybe you weren’t avaliable when they needed you.

UPMC might not be the best company to work for, but its kinda hard to beat their benefits and they have so many hospitals around and so many doctors offices it very convenient to people.

I don’t even know if any of that made any sense I just woke up so who cares. Good luck on your job hunt and what UMPC branch are you trying to work for. I know some people that are pretty high up and might be able to see whats up.

is there a number I can call for UPMC HR so I can talk to someone instead of playing the apply and wait game?

any “GOOD” sources that anyone knows about for applying to a job?

What branch are you applying for. I don’t remember the number for HR at shadyside, the one I use to work at, but you can just call the help desk and they’ll give it to you.

I knew the person that ran Central Supply, laundry, distribution, mail room, transportation for both Shadyside and Presby. I’m good friends with the Leader of SPD of Shadyside Hospital. I’m sure they will know who to contact about an IT job if its for either of those hospitals.

any?

you haven’t said what you are applying for…

He said he was applying for IT but never said which branch. In Oakland there’s 3-4 branches alone, with shadyside right down the road.

So which one are you applying for?

any branch, IT, or analyst, or operations position

there is only one important one :kekegay:

We’re hiring where I work…three positions in the IT department:

http://www.centralbloodbank.org/jobs.asp

https://www.healthcaresource.com/itxm/index.cfm?template=dsp_job_list.cfm&ifacilityid=&ijobcatid=104&fuseaction=search.jobList&ijobrowstart=1&&CFID=790524&CFTOKEN=dd5cfa1ff644ac13-F6F12D21-3048-2CE0-561FA9812702D8C0

The first two positions sound like they’re right up your alley. I’ve only been here for two and half months, but I like it a lot so far and it seems like a great place to work (hell, we actually have an old style PENSION plan…not alot of places that still do that).