job sites

+1 on everything. College/HVCC was a complete waste but it did make me more marketable I suppose. That’s the only reason why I’m going for my bachelors at UAlbany this fall (and because work pays 75% of my bill). Everything I do here is all hands-on stuff that I’ve learned by making mistakes, etc. and not a single thing was ‘taught’ to me via the education system.

As for people who don’t give a crap…my office is filled with “IT” people like that. You ask them for something and all they can tell you “well, it works on my end”. NO SHIT, but it doesn’t’ work on the users end and that is what matters! I’m not gonna lie, I’ve had some REALLY lazy days, but there is a reason why many end users by pass the help desk and email/call me directly.

And only $16/hr? I do very similar work to you and I make over $21. You need a raise bro. Hell, if I get into state at Grade 23, you can have my job lol. Brush up on your Novell skills haha.

PJB, I second whoever told you to start driving trucks. It seems like you like driving (since you are a delivery driver?), and if you don’t mind doing cross-country trips, you can make 3-4k on a single drive out west to say LA. My cousin did it for a while but now drives dump trucks locally.

As for sites, I use capitalarea and careerbuilder. I haven’t had any luck with Monster or JobsTU. Slack has a good point about agency’s. I used one on Wolf Road (forget the name at the moment - someone else here used them as well since they knew the girl Nicole that I mentioned when I first joined) and they got my a couple of interviews before I found my job on my own.