JOE BASIL CHEVY IS HIRING: Sales, Guest Services, DMV work especially!!

I agree that facebook can give a impression of what a person is like but I dont always agree that a credit report does the same thing. If someone lost there job a few months ago or even a few years ago there credit could have suffered tremendously. Negative posts like late payments and collections can trash credit ratings for 7 years. I know if I lost my job only 2 things would matter, my mortgage and putting food on the table. Credit cards would be on the bottom of the list.

:tup: for a local company hiring.

I’m not saying life doesn’t provide us some bruises. But 9/10 times if you’re using a credit card to buy shit, you are living beyond your means. It’s really that simple. People need to stop leveraging and banking on future “growth” so heavily.
So I stand by suggesting that a credit report can tell you ALOT about someones habits and mindset. I am not suggesting that just because someone makes bad financial decisions that they are a bad worker…far from it. In fact…in many cases bad credit could be looked at as a leash. Think about it this way…someone in debt REALLY needs their job and might be willing to go the extra mile every day just to be able to stay afloat. You could argue both sides of the coin.

We can make a new thread or go to PM if you want…I don’t wanna shit up a good local thread. Indeed :tup: for a local company hiring!

Bueller?

Bump!

I would apply for Sales, but I have always had reservations about selling cars. I make really good money in my current sales position and I want to move on at this point, but I feel that the job security is just not there. It seems with the way the economy has been fluctuating the past couple of years that the automotive market is one of the most variable. Currently I am in industrial electrical and automation sales and our numbers are better than the past but you can still see the commercial and residential guys squirming to get business. I feel that this would translate directly into the automotive market and if people are not affording to fix/remodel their homes, are they out buying new cars? What numbers (aside from sales obviously) do you use as a forecast tool to help you determine the levels of staff and future demand?

Dave what are you paying? :slight_smile:
Never worked for Dave but I have heard good things from people that work at the store.

Well, as a group we sold around 9,000 cars is 08, little more than 10,000 in 09, more than 12,000 in 2010 and we will probably be around 13-14,000 this year. During those years we bought 4 dealerships for mergers or new locations and we will have completed total remodels of 4 out of our current 8 locations by the end of the year. All done during a recession. Does that work? :slight_smile:

I don’t decide your pay… you do. The harder you work, the more cars you sell and the more money you make.

I like that pay structure a lot. I miss my commision days, but a constant paycheck is also nice. I actually called on the store you’re currently at a couple times back in the day.

As for the Basil group, you guys continue to grow. I continue to hear your last name in meetings out here.
BTW if you got a cruze deal you think is too good to miss hit me up. I have a feeling come fall when Toyota is back to pumping out Camry’s, GM might throw something good on them. Also a used one would work as well.

Do you work for GM or something?

Can i do it part time?

I for one have worked for the Basil Group for 4 years now. I started out slinging cars when I was 20 and I’ve been their Toyota store’s finance manager for over 3 years now. They have provided me with the opportunity to make a SHIT LOAD of money and have really taught me to continue to grow and suceed as a person. Every single person the Basil organization from the owners, to the managers, to the detail kids are great. This is a company that demands integrity and accountability from their staff. When I first got into the car business, I was a little “meh” about the whole thing, but I’d do it over again 100 times if I could. Not to mention I now consider the Basil’s family, not just friends or co-workers. :tup: to anyone fortunate enough to get a foot in the door.

Something like that. I work for the old GMAC, now Ally. But I was slinging something different at the time.
Back on topic. Work for Dave; Money and smiles will ensue.

This cannot be further from the truth, in my experience. I have not had a single day (other than weekends and holidays) off in the past 3 years remodeling homes. We have been booked solid, even throughout the “recession”. We’re booked now up until the end of september with more jobs coming in, and this is with ZERO advertising and all referrals.

People who produce a quality product/work and do their job well will always have sales coming in, regardless.

If i wasn’t still in school i would apply for this because i would like a sales job, but oh well :meh:

i never saw that this was here, definitely sending my resume over sir

I forgot that you worked for Basil… Between this and Dave’s response, I think that I have enough to say ok, this could really be a great opportunity.

Sent you a PM