Joining the Mile high club!! err..

Actually im joining the nissan club. After being on here for a while, I am finally in a position to buy a 240. I drove one yesterday, 3000 for a 91, new clutch, tinted windows, wired for subs with 2 12’ Polks in box, alpine deck, took out the cat and put a high flow resinator.

It has some rust, rear quarters and one bondo job on the door. My best friend however is a welder and he said that he would cut and weld it all for next to nothing(or free) And my dad did the rust on my civic and it looks alright except its coming back now cause we never clearcoated it, LOL.

The heat shield rattles, and my dad said he feels a vibration in the clutch but I didnt feel it but he has way more exp. with cars then me. I believe the tranny is worn a tiny bit because it vibrates, but I need it to last for 6 months so I can SR20 or KA24T it. And the car would last for years, its sturdy.

He wants to take out the remote starter but im gonna tell him 3000 if he leaves it in, it also has an alarm.

The power steering pump pulley is broken so its a little rough but my civic doesnt have power steering so im used to it.

Thanks!

Welcome, good to see another S13!

Welcome! Hopefully you get it and we can see you at some meets.

Are you sure its the heat shield rattling not the timing chain?

the tranny vibrating could be from worn bushings, you never know

and the heat shield, is it a loud noise like metal hitting metal, i had that on my car too

or is it a ticking kind of noise?

Metal on metal… heh.

What did u do to stop it? Remove the heat shield?

hm, i forget which shield it was exactly since it was a while ago, but there was a corner of it hitting a metal hardline. all i had to do was bend the shield’s corner back a bit with a pair of pliers and the problem was solved. try to see if you can locate where the vibrating is and then just bend the metal back out of the way or something.

i think it was the corner of the exhaust manifold shield near the down pipe