Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

yes 2 different setups. but they are similar too.

i almost went with a stock location gt3076. but after some research and talk from some road racing buddies the hybrid 20g 7cm is what i was looking for.

here is a post by one of my buddies.

“The ej205 and ej207 differneces are fairly unimportant other than the compression. A ej205 will perform as well as the ej207 in almost every way. Everyone seems to love the heads but they are basically worthless. The cams have less lift from everything I’ve read. But they do have a different overlap. Much like USDM STI cams. USDM STI cams in a ej205 are not much different when you talk about lift and duration but the overlap is much different so the top end is way better. But this kills emissions which is where AVCS comes in. AVCS is only an emissions control device although no one will except that. The large port heads might flow better but ej205 heads can be ported larger than ej207 heads. And even if you don’t port them the ej205 heads will make well over 500whp with no changes. So really who cares.”

i know the major differences between the two.

if you motor can rev to 9k but only makes power to 7.2k why keep reving it with the short gear box?

also i have personal exp with a ej207 and a gt30. i dont like the powerband until it hits 5k rpm.

once my car is done ill take you for a ride and compare 0-60 and 0-100 times