Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

are you keeping stock turbo location? my cousin is close to holding the record for stock location on his wrx

Yes sir stock location, what is he putting down?

high 4s on pump i think he was almost 500 on race gas

Sounds like a similar set up, I’m shooting for low 400’s on the heartbreaker with pump.

he snapped his axles on a set of slicks a few weeks ago. i havent rode in it yet but i guess it rolls the fuck out nice

do you guys not have any sort of messenger applcation

I’m sorry but he isn’t going to make the record. There are a few cars close to 600 on stock location turbos. Byron’s old sti, which a real now owned by a close friend of mine is making over 500 on 93 running out of pump. I’d like to see this car lol.

Sorry for thread jacking.

his buddy is600 i think. i know that my cuz is going for it idk what the recored is.i just talked to him last night, hes at 460 on pump at 23 psi i belive. the cars nothing special just black with factory black wheels and a invida exhaust thats loud as fuck.

imo a sub 400whp gt3076 vs a td05 20g the 20g wins everytime. low end power and power throught the entire curve is more important than a peak end of your rpm dyno number. so once you redline you will make more power but a high revving boxer motor isnt reliable. i perfer to keep the rpms under 7000rpm on my ej20. its not a honda

i should have 30+psi by 3200rpm on a ej20. if everything is perfect. with aggressive tune. i want to trap 115+mph

also my id1000 flow about 900cc with e10. i should be pushing the id1000s to the limit with normal fuel pressures. your id1000s do not flow 1000cc at base pressure with e10 pump gas.

if you are not pushing the turbo you should be fine with those injectors.

i am going for a amazing powerband and need to hit high 11s. dyno idc about. but here is a example of one. yes each dyno reads different.

here is a dyno of the stock location gt3076 on a ej20.

here is a 18g 7cm td05 ej20 stock location

the gt3076 makes more peak whp. but at 3000rpm the 18g doubles the 3076 power.

if you were driving the cars you would think the 18g 7cm makes more power. unless your pushing yours past 400whp.

imo i would rather have 50whp in entire rpm band than just 50whp from 6000-7500rpm.

i would like to see your car once your finished and maybe race you if you are game. my car is a street car and a wagon.

i dont like the things youve done to the car. but thats my opnion. its your car and i respect what you want to do to it.

I don’t have time for as thorough of a response at the moment, but I have a 207. I redline at 8500 and have much better flowing heads, AVCS, and a close ratio 6 speed. They’re two totally different set ups.

ej207 ftw

yes 2 different setups. but they are similar too.

i almost went with a stock location gt3076. but after some research and talk from some road racing buddies the hybrid 20g 7cm is what i was looking for.

here is a post by one of my buddies.

“The ej205 and ej207 differneces are fairly unimportant other than the compression. A ej205 will perform as well as the ej207 in almost every way. Everyone seems to love the heads but they are basically worthless. The cams have less lift from everything I’ve read. But they do have a different overlap. Much like USDM STI cams. USDM STI cams in a ej205 are not much different when you talk about lift and duration but the overlap is much different so the top end is way better. But this kills emissions which is where AVCS comes in. AVCS is only an emissions control device although no one will except that. The large port heads might flow better but ej205 heads can be ported larger than ej207 heads. And even if you don’t port them the ej205 heads will make well over 500whp with no changes. So really who cares.”

i know the major differences between the two.

if you motor can rev to 9k but only makes power to 7.2k why keep reving it with the short gear box?

also i have personal exp with a ej207 and a gt30. i dont like the powerband until it hits 5k rpm.

once my car is done ill take you for a ride and compare 0-60 and 0-100 times

Your buddy is seemingly the only person to ever feel that way. Go drive an ej207 with the avcs disabled and tell me that it’s just an emissions device. A 3076 makes power well over 7,200 thankfully.

There is a decent review with some comparisons between ATP gt3076 (iwg and EWG) and some really impressive 20g’s that support the idea that the power and with the gt3076 would be much more impressive than a 20g, especially on a 207. Why you would want to push a 20g to 30psi to make less power than you could with a 3076 at mild levels is beyond me.

Let me know when you’re finished, I’ll be tuned as of Wednesday.

On a side note, finished installing everything, car runs great.

very good to hear. mine will be finished in 1month.

saying a 205 is better than a 207. pitman wtf bro? you high?
rev the 205 out to 8500 and see how long it holds together…

D00d they’re basically the same thing I mean come on.

So she put down 365whp/300ftlbs on 93 pump at 24 psi. Mikey said it’ll crack 400whp the way it sits but the stock head studs would be pushed way past their comfort zone, so until I do some studs I’ll leave it where it is. It’s an absolute blast on the street and pulls strong all the way to 8500. As I expected I don’t spool until 5k.

Shitty dyno plot:
http://s10.postimg.org/4ywca6zjd/photo_2.jpg

Here is my comment about AVCS being an emissions related system.

http://s22.postimg.org/5wncfbcsh/photo_1.jpg

Same car, same set up, same mods, same day, same tuner, one with AVCS and one without AVCS. That squashes that.

congrats man

Thanks dude.

A few photos from EFI by Justin @ JNA Performance.

http://s8.postimg.org/gsztelnsl/image.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/v2qd7cp3v/image.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/rpqheqa23/image.jpg
http://s7.postimg.org/v2qd7cp3v/image.jpg

i am not high.

the 205 doesnt need to rev out to 8500 to make power.

i should have similar whp and tq numbers on same dyno but my turbo will make full boost by 3k. and hold that to 7500 with help from a ewg.

i know the differences between the 205 and all the different versions of the 207.

only some 207 are forged. yes the head flows better up top. and the acvs might help at 2k rpm but not as much as a fast spooling turbo.

with that said the acvs 207 doesnt spool a turbo any faster. it might make more torque all motor or when turbo is not spoold.

i rely on the forced air to make power not vtec.

also the higher compression of the 207 might have limited this too. some tuners will not push it with crap 93. in japan they get alot better pump gas. sometimes compression is better but in this case its not.

boost is a much more efficient way to increase power over static compression.

i am trying to build a fun car to drive they way i drive. if you drag race you will barley notice the low end power. becasue once you shift you stay in upper rpm band.

i am trying to build a driver that i can rip out of a turn with and go 0-60 quickly.

i perfer my power in the mid range of the curve. i dont like peak whp at redline.

i dont like reving a subaru boxer motor to 8500 either. even if the heads flow a tiny bit better and the cams are better at upper rpm.

i like the build and i respect that you will do to it what you want. but that turbo at that whp level is not a good one. a car with a better matched turbo same peak numbers will drive alot better imo.