Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

need more boost

Gt3076 flows about 57 lb/min

My hybrid 20g with billet wheel should flow over 56 lb/min. The fp green is similar.

But the 20g spools a lot faster.

I agree with this guy above.

[QUOTE=04WRX;1055380]I agree that that sounds like a blast to drive, but in my world pushing a 16g remotely close to 30 psi is absolutely unreasonable. Pull up any 16g-20g compressor map and tell me that it looks efficient at 30+ psi. I’m all about picking the right tool for the job, and anyone with a 207 will tell you that a 3076 is one of the ultimate turbos for that engine.[/QUOTE

In your world do you have experience with a 20g on big boost?

I have not personally owned or driven a high boost 20g on a 2.0. Unless you’ve had an EJ207 on a 3076 I believe we are in the same position. So without a doubt you’re going to spool faster than my 30. I’m not arguing that my 30 spins anywhere near as fast, but if I bolted a 20g up to my current set up, I would never see power up top, and I want to see power up top. Hence the disagreement.

look into the fp green. it is a 3" or 2 1/4" 20g housing with a billet gtx 50 trim compressor wheel and a td06 turbine.

that turbo flows plenty to hit over 365whp on the mustang dyno in ct. plus it spools crazy fast compared to your setup.

so i should spool faster and push more air while doing it. the compressor side will be the thing holding my power back but once the external wastegates open it will flow like a bigger turbine.

people use the garrett wheels in alot of different turbos. a hybrid 20g setup properly is hard to beat under 400whp mustang power. on a subaru.

also a fp red is a 20g with a gtx 60 trim compressor and a 9 blade td06 compressor.

theres soo many 20g’s out you cant say they all spool faster and will not make as much top end.

19 days until i am complete

i cant wait to see you to run

This is pretty much what it comes down to. Too bad the valley is down for the rest of the season. 19 days, pending snow my car may or may not be on the road.

Valley is still open for Saturday test and tunes…

Saw you cruising getting off the campbell road exit on sunday, we were in front of you in our jeep. Must say man as much shit as I thought about this car when I saw it when you first got it I really like it. Its completely over the top and a bit ridiciulous but I love it,

This is good news!! I work 8-6 every Saturday but it would be nice to get one or two passes.

Oh man you caught me without a grill lol, I got pissed and tore it out the other day. Drives me absolutely insane driving around without it. But in all seriousness I really appreciate that, it means a lot when I can gain the respect of people who may have had doubts or it may just not be their cup of tea, whatever it may be.

Pitman how did the build come out?

right now i got fastfreddy on the wrenches and ray on the tables.

ill be at lebannon valley on the 26th for some legal fun

my lift springs are still on the way and feal is setting me up with some gravel struts

I’d give anything to not work every Saturday -.- What time do they typically run until on Saturdays? I get out at 6:00.

Very nice, keep me posted!!

opens in the morning but last time they were just running the 1/8th mile. i dont know when they close.

on a wednesday test and tune itll go into the night.

i have a couple go pros too if the track is closed i have a few good spots to do a 1320

Update:

This will be good news for a lot of people. Finally pulling the trigger on some new wheels!
I’m torn between a set of Volk TE37SL 19x10.5+22 or a set of COR customs, either 19x10.5 or 11, I have a little more option with the CORs.

They’ve both offered me sponsorship and either set will cost me the same amount of money (within a couple hundred). Likely Dark Gray Metallic or a gun metallic. I have to run a 15mm spacer if I go with the Volk wheels because a 5x100 to 5x114.3 conversion is over a grand and ISC is hooking me up with their conversion spacers.

Otherwise the car has been in hibernation. Not a lot of major plans otherwise. E85 tune in the Spring. I’m still on a totally stock block so I can’t push it too hard, but it should crack 420whp/360ft lbs. Head studs are still holding me back, it would easily go 450 if I had done studs.

Volks. Volks. Volks.

I have nothing against COR Wheels but volks are better.

Volks

That was the direction I have been leaning. People have been telling me that they’re too overplayed. Honestly I don’t feel that way, most people don’t drop five grand on wheels, and I’ve never seen a Volk this size on a Subaru. It may not be as original as a one-of-a-kind custom but I feel that it fits the car best, and that’s the direction I have always gone.

go tell those people to find me a set of te37sl’s in this area. on the internet everything is played out, if you are trying to get in a mag yea it might matter, but you will never have someone not feature your car because you are rocking te37s anyways.

this, you need something deep to make that body kit blend