Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

I died laughing when I read this hahaha.

Mesh is all painted, applying to medschool this week so things are a bit insane. I need this car rolling NOW!!!

Unfortunately Versus motorsports has not replied back to me about continuing the cars sponsorship, so chances are I’m going to be missing the front carbon piece so it’s going to look stupid as hell for a week or so.

Pictures tell the story.

For all we know you could say that you’ve done a 2dr conversion today and chopped the roofline with the same effect :tongue

Wheels will be in Tuesday!! doing some fiberglass repair to the front bumper this week, gotta make it all classy again hahaha.

So I’ve got some good pictures, but no micro sd card adapter, so it looks like it’s a teaser today.

1.) Cleaned my seats. HOLY SHIT. I’ll be honest, I thought they were as good as gone and would never look truly as good as they should be, but I was wrong. They are once again vibrant red. Vibrant, vibrant red. I need to patch a small tear in the drivers side seat, going to try to make it look as good as possible, which after today’s experience is pretty damn good.

2.) Removed the gauges from my black wrx, currently installing them in this car as we speak.

3.) Fiberglassing my front lip. I’ve never fiberglassed before, but without too big of an ego I’d like to say that it’s going very well.

Pics up asap!!!

So I’ll throw some pictures up of how the fiberglass work came out tomorrow, this is just the areas that needed obvious repair. You can’t tell from the previous pictures how dirty the seats were, but near the Chargespeed lettering it was nearly black. The cushions came out just as clean, and as you can see I have that tear to take care of. We’re in the process.

Bumper is mounted!! It’s the part of the car that obviously needs the most attention, but everything takes time. All of the fiberglass is reinforced, I just need to get the right paint to tend to that, as well as the bottom carbon lip section. Unfortunately Chargespeeds U.S. distributor is not responding to email as well as I’d like, so who knows how long I’ll have to drive it around with it looking all stupid. It really needs it.

good shit man! keep it up. I love fat tires, 275’s would look sick on that man!

Yea the 275’s on the 9.5"s sit flush with the fenders, I’m really happy with the fitment. A spacer-free widebody is something I hear a lot of praise about.

So I have another leaking dif seal, gotta bleed the shit out of my brakes. This thing is rolling tomorrow!!!

pics up tonight.

So she’s road legal, running like a top, cleaned up a bit (rice wise, I know, it looks like rice to most people. I consider it to be as far as you can take a car without becoming obviously distasteful rice.), and physically constructed. All for the carbon fiber lip, but I’m still having difficulty contacting the vendor.

I did a short third gear pull on my low output tune (~215whp) and it seems to hold AFR’s very steadily. A bit rich but that’s the tunes fault. I have a tune that ran 250whp on a Mustang dyno with an aftermarket header, but it should put down similar numbers with this setup.

I’m going to be driving her very carefully for the next few days. There are a lot of little things here and there that I’ve thankfully caught, such as the strut top-hats being held in by a single nut… on all four struts…?! camber bolts where they shouldn’t be, nonsense everywhere. Luckily I’ve cleared most of it out, I just want to make sure nothing crazy or dangerous could happen that I might have missed, but i’m combing it over with a fine tooth comb.

So I’m aligning it tomorrow, hopefully everything goes smoothly. Sorry the pics are so dark, working on better ones.

car has come a long way,shits lookin good dude!

yeah man looks great nice work

Cars looking good

Thanks guys!!

Had a tiny bit of rubbing issues. Pretty much maxed out my camber, and since I currently have stock struts installed I’m impressed that I’m even able to mount these wheels without rubbing. I’m questioning if these springs are stock. They look stock, but don’t seem to sit at stock ride hide. The wheel gap isn’t terrible considering the circumstance. Unfortunately these springs are very soft and are causing my rear fender to rub on the tires if I have any weight in the rear of the car over bumps. I’m installing spring spacers :frowning: in the rear just for a short amount of time in order to prevent ruining the tires, and I’m going to cave and invest in a set of coilovers as soon as possible. Tune seems to be very steady but unfortunately very reserved. Pins it at 15psi like a champ though and holds tight.

Carbon shelf for the front lip is on it’s way, as well as my shift knob.

CN: Still haven’t got the bugs worked out of the suspension, car is running like a top and being driven. Put 700 miles on it since Thurs.

where is the tire rubbing? You might just need to trim a little bit somewhere

seen this thing this morning at the intersection of 20 & 7 in duanesburg. Where abouts in Duanesburg you live man?

looks great man.

I originally rubbed on the front drivers side strut, but I gave it a little more positive camber and now there’s just about enough room for a piece of paper to slide in and out hahaha. It’s pretty close. Coilovers would be great because they’d be a fraction of the size. And the rear fenders are rubbing in the back but you can’t trim it because it’s flush with the rolled fender. I refuse to tuck my tires, so my options are…

-a little more negative camber
-stiffer springs
-the combination of the two

Needless to say I’m going to look into coilovers and some camber plates. I would like to go about this in the right direction and my current setup doesn’t do it justice by any means.

I live up on Skyline, driving the Dburg scares me because of the tint… she nabbed me once before lol. But yea I work at Jonathans.

Thanks man!!

Just a few pics, as you can see the front bumper needs the most attention. Wheel gap, I know, I get it. It’s always a project and I’m trying to monitor my funds. If only you knew how little I have into this thing… hahaha

looks better than I was expecting that’s for sure.

what exactly did you mean by ‘flipping’ your rotors? :shifty