Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

cheap dumpy coilovers ftw!! lmao yea right.

Front breaks are done, rear rotors are getting turned, sandblasting and painting the rear calipers and brackets very shortly.

Try to take some pics tonight of the fronts. They are just gloss black to blend in a bit, look real clean. Slotted rotors because I had them laying around, Yea, I know, no performance gain, but they look decent and I don’t believe it’s much of a loss.

Haha thats fine, opinions are opinions, no harm done. I just figured that with the whole F&F thing and high-end, brand name body kit you would be concerned with the overall image of the exterior of the car. Direct knockoffs of higher-end wheels that WOULD have worked well with the body kit certainly wouldn’t be helping your cause if that was the case. Clearly that isn’t your direction with the car. That being said, what IS your direction with the car? It’s clearly a show car, you’d think that legitimate wheels would be higher up on your priority list, no?

And I don’t hate my life at all, I like how you have to drop down to that level rather than address my clearly supportable point in a regular manner. For being 18 and only working 3 months out of the year due to school I think a mint 88 MR2 Supercharged with a few choice mods is a decent car.

My sole goal with my car for 2010 is to get it looking nice on my BBSs and it will do just that perfectly. I am not looking for performance out of my suspension setup at this point, I’ve had my fun with autoX and have decided to steer away from that for at least this season. Since you’re such an advocate of expensive suspension components, how many track days are you going to attend with them on your car? Do you have any specific goals for this car or are you just mixing and matching expensive body kits, cheap wheels and expensive suspension components for no reason? From what I can see you have a car that was in FnF Tokyo Drift yet doesn’t drift, have a show-car body kit yet advocate track-car suspension, and plan on putting knockoff wheels on your car that has a mint body, “Ferrari” paint and a ballin body kit. Sounds like a mix and match shitshow to me.

I’m looking forward to a response that doesn’t contain half-assed and overall false insults about me or my car, that’s what my build thread is for, feel free to “call me out” over there.

its upstate ny. Cheap dumpy knock off rims are the right choice for daily driven cars. Light weight wheels and nice big polished lips tend to bend and such real easy

Nothing wrong with decent knock off wheels.

For the average person, yeah. But this is not an average car. I’m curious to see his response.

Hahaha oh boy someone got their panties in a bunch. Well, to start off, I purchased this car with the exterior the way it sits because I couldn’t pass up the price. This car sold to the previous owner for 18k, I got it 2/9ths of the cost. I needed a shell to drop a drivetrain into, and I don’t think I would have come across a better one any time within the few week time frame that I had. I suppose that I could have purchased a stock shell for a similar amount of money (if there was another one in the area for a similar price, which there hasn’t been for some months to my knowledge) but then again I find this car to be a much more promising platform to start with than another stock wrx. Been there, done that, I’m looking for something different. Like it or hate it, you can’t say it isn’t different.

Maybe you can understand the fact that I am a 19 year old premed student from a middle class family, and therefore I do not have four thousand dollars to spend on wheels. Like you, I am a fulltime student. Unlike you, I work two jobs, go to school and volunteer at a hospital simultaneously. I also am not so ignorant and conceited to believe that a brand name and possibly a pound per wheel reduction is worth two thousand dollars. I bet the person who had the Chargespeed body kit installed was, but I clearly am not. I simply took advantage of an opportunity, guilty as charged. I like my wheels, they run 275’s without a problem, fill my wheel wells without spacers, and aren’t much heavier than your average brand name for a quarter the price.

Let it be noted that I never claimed my Subaru drifted. It’s all wheel drive, that doesn’t exactly make for a great drift car. I guess that noting it’s presence in a movie for advertising purposes is simply a ridiculous idea. I apologize if this offended you, you obviously have nothing better to do.

What is my direction with this car? It is my daily driver. Case and point. If you have a problem with that, that’s fine. You drive your MR2, I’ll drive my Subaru. If you come to insult my car on my thread, then I believe you should be able to take some yourself. If you have a problem with that, don’t bother looking at my thread. As a matter of fact, I never bothered to look at yours because I didn’t feel it was necessary. Good luck with your BBS, they come stock on STi’s.

There were also no false insults in my statement, I simply claimed that I would not enjoy owning your car, and I suppose you could infer that I was implying it was inexpensive by the sentence about your understanding that I couldn’t afford four thousand dollar wheels.

Glad to see you can talk/type like a normal human being. Your car still doesn’t make sense to me but oh well, its yours not mine, I’m sure you don’t understand mine either. Good luck with it and keep posting pictures, no matter what it seems it will still be an improvement from what it was. I had never heard of the car until you posted it here but from what I’ve seen it had a pretty shitty reputation lol.

Your car will never make sense to me :rofl

:lol I can’t afford to make it fast in a straight line or around corners like I tried to do with my SER so I opted to make it look great. Unlike, engine or suspension components, good quality wheels will no lose value (not a stab at the OP, just the truth).

Anyway, back to the FnF build :number1 :thumbup

Hahaha jesus we need to get off the F&F thing, I wish I could take it out of the title.

Anyway, I apologize, it’s not like I want to start confrontation, we just come from opposite end of the spectrum. Truth be told, I don’t mind your car, it’s unique, and obviously I like unique shit hahaha. Sorry for being on the defensive.

Don’t worry about it, going from a grocery getter 05 Altima SER that everyone “accused” my father of buying for me (and some still do :facepalm) to a fairy-boy fagmobile, I have thick skin haha.

Your father did buy that car. He also bought my wrx for me and dkids ep3 for him. Armory discount for the win. :rofl

:ninja

I see what you did there…

You’re the man! Thanks!! hahaha

So I’ll admit, my brakes suck large male genitalia. They are way too small for the car and look rather stupid, but I’m dealing with what I can at the moment, so I at least rebuilt them and painted them to try to make them blend in a bit. In addition, my back seats look blue in the picture, they are very much black. All of the pillars are out to be painted satin black, so the entire interior will be black and red with the suede roof, wheel and the suede doorcard inserts.

Painting my rear calipers and A,B, and C pillars tonight. Gloss black and satin black, respectively.

Things to do (possibly tomorrow):
Seat TLC, clean them, install them.
Install HID’s.
Reinstall pillars (buy driver side A pillar…)
install rear brakes and lines.
install front and rear bumpers, hope to god my exhaust sticks out far enough that it doesn’t look stupid.
Flip over my front rotors, because I accidentally installed them backwards.

Rear brakes, check.
Rotors flipped, check.
Pillars installed, check.
ran out of satin black half way through painting my exterior mesh, gotta make a trip.

Strong work Paul Walker, strong work.