Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

Hey man you are doing some good $hit here… Keep taking pics and sharing! :thumb

Seriously, you’re doing good work.

Seems like the car is in proper hands now.

Thanks guys!!

Update:
SHE’S ALIVE!!! I had to go through both fuse boxes, unfortunately there were about a dozen or so missing or blown, then my stupid ass couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t getting any fuel, the pump was running, no pressure to the hose. hm… added some fuel? Wasn’t the problem, turns out I had the return and the inlet hoses backward, idiot. Within an hour or so of trouble shooting, she ran! Right now she is running off of a tuned 03 ecu that I don’t have a lot of knowledge about. It put down 260 wheel on I believe a Mustang dyno but I don’t remember to be exact, I never owned the car until it was totaled. I’m most likely going to run the original ECU that came with the car, but I’m going to wipe it clean because I have no idea what it was tuned like and chances are it isn’t exactly to my tastes. So a big step out of the way, it’s time to get this baby rolling, I need a car.

Oh, and the blue SPT filter will be traded from my other car for a black one, not feeling the color combination. I’m a freak about this shit.

Oh, and just for some giggles, I think this should appease the remaining haters out there.

If not, your shit out of luck. Hahaha!! No worries, more pics to come.

On a sidenote, Chargespeed just told me that they run…

FRONT : DUNLOP DIREZZA 235/35R19
TAKECHI PROJECT RacingHart TYPE-CX 19 X 9.5J +45 with 8mm SPACER
REAR : DUNLOP DIREZZA 235/35R19
TAKECHI PROJECT RacingHart TYPE-CX 19 X 9.5J +45 with 30mm SPACER

and claim that anything larger than 245 will run on the insides of the fender when you turn… First off, I want those Takechi’s, second off, fuuuck that. I want to stuff a minimum of 295’s under here, so I’m at a bit of a standoff. Not sure what to do, further research is needed. The idea is…

18x10 295/35(?Not positive yet…)/18’s

295s?! Whoa… No idea about fitments on these cars but that sounds pretty crazy. Won’t sidewall height be too high? (along with tire budget!)

If Miatas can run 195’s with the proper camber being slammed, and 245’s on 8 inch tires with small flares, there should be no reason for you not to be able to run 295’s with the proper offset.

Oh and a big :wow on going with a respectable tire width and wheel plan :thumb !

Go big or go home! More or less go big or waste precious room for rubber.

My only worries is that the wheel comes in I believe a ~33 offset, which I calculated out to be about correct, but everyone is telling me it should be lower.

I tried making this makeshift estimation, the first few are correct, the rest are what I came up with.

6.5" … +53 to +55
7.0" … +50 to +53
7.5" … +47 to +50
8.0" … +43 to +47
8.5" +40 to +43
9" +37 to +40
9.5" +34 to +37
10" +31 to +34 *******
10.5" +28 to +31

So if my estimations are in the ballpark, I should be fine and people need to stop throwing out incorrect information, but it’s expected.

In addition, my fenders are fiberglass so rolling them isn’t an option. I suppose I could shave them, but I would rather not have to.

For the love of god, do not get wheels with a 45mm offset :lol

I don’t understand your chart…Did you estimate offset from wheel width? Are you looking to make the wheels almost flush to the fender?

I believe I will be running a 33mm offset, 45 would be somewhere in the realm of 8". Yea I found the offsets on top from a reliable source that claim that these are the numbers that Subaru wheel bearings are going to like the most, and I estimated the offsets for the larger with wheels.

Yea I’m looking to make them as flush as possible without the use of hacker spacers and whatnot.

Btw I think I met you at Matt Whites house a few months back?? The night of that fire in town??

I see this being a disaster. #1 offset will have no effect on wheel bearing life. #2 +33 on a 10" wide wheels is going to poke forever on your car

I am willing to help though.

The biggest, best and smartest thing you can do is take measurements from YOUR car from the it sitting on the ground now with wheels and tires that you know the offset and size of.

If you have the size and offset of the wheels that are on the car now you can drive up here to Saratoga one day and I’ll help you measure and calculate everything

I wouldn’t worry about wheel bearings. Offset is the measurement from the center of the wheel to the hub mounting surface, so + or - XXmm from the center of the wheel. So theoretically an offset of 0mm would evenly distribute the weight on the wheel bearing (ignoring camber ect).

Ah yeah that was me up there at Matt’s place.

Any wheel can have any offset… your chart makes no sense??

Forget what I said about bearings.

This is what I was going off of, I hadn’t read this thing in a while and for some reason I had taken wheel bearing damage out of it when it never said that at all. I haven’t shopped for wheels in a while, especially anything like this.

I just talked to my company and made a few changes, the wheels are going to be Rota DPT 18x9.5 in gunmetallic with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 275/35/18’s. I shouldn’t see any fitment issues and it should run flush with the body. This is a similar setup below, 20mm fenders, same tire/wheel size.

yayyyyyy for ballin body kit and overall clean car…with knockoff wheels…

PICS OF DRIFTING NOW!!!

I’d rather have nice looking, nice offset, knockoff wheels than cheap, dumpy coilovers just to lower the car to get the right “stance”…

Just sayin.

See sig

amen

Hey man thanks, and don’t worry I understand your situation, I’d hate the world if I drove an 88 MR2 too, I get it. Somehow I figured you would be one who could relate to the fact that I can’t spend four grand on wheels, but it’s not the end of the world :slight_smile: