Jons 2004 Subaru WRX Chargespeed Super GT Widebody

Make sure that you get the correct offset for that wide body. My guess is wheel offset should be in the 20-10s somewhere

Here’s a few pics.

and some more.

andd a feww more.

On that last picture I took it to show how good the paint condition is. This car has been sitting for well over a year, I haven’t washed it yet, who knows when the last time it has had wax. It definitely has some potential.

Despite the fact that this car was apparently abused to say the least, the structure of the car is mint. The frame is perfect, the body panels are all practically flawless, I’m very happy with the way things are going so far.

you’re doing a lot of your own work on this car.I don’t think people can really rip on your for what it was anymore

Thanks man, I do all the work on my cars. The only thing I don’t really do is extensive painting, or tuning. I know a decent amount about both but feel like I’m better of paying someone to get the best results.

I built my first Impreza when I was 15, bought my black one when I was idk 17 or 18, a prob a year and a half ago or something and did all of the work on that one (bought it bone stock from a 67 year old), and this is just the start of a new era that I can hope to turn around into something that can be recognized as my work and gain some respect (not to be affiliated with Fast and the Furious 1). Anyway, moral of the story, Subaru runs in my blood.

So this is where I stopped today, I managed to 93 in my eyes while removing a fuel filter from a different intake manifold, and I’m out of fresh contacts hahaha, shit happens.

The last two pictures are my black wrx and 79 firebird, just to reinforce the idea that I’m not a walking rice distribution company.

So verbal update:
took my clutch apart to clean it up and blow the dust out, made sure everything was in working order. Put a master and slave cylinder on the car, where it went? I have no clue…, Took the rest of the cruise control out that shouldn’t have been there in the first place because there is no cruise control assembly on the steering wheel, so why not clean things up a bit? cleaned up my throw bearing and my clutch fork, all that nonsense, clutch feels like a champ. Motor is in, bell housing bolts started, the starter was bad so I have to get the other one from the black car before I can really go too much further. Cleaned up the engine bay, wiped the dust off, trying to tuck what little I can but it isn’t much. Thanks Fuji Heavy Industries for making every wire under the hood blatantly visible. Oh, and that damn axle finally went in without a problem after I replaced the seal.

Over all, despite the gasoline and shit, things are going well. Picking up the Chargespeed seats this weekend, they’ll probably need a little TLC but they’re nice pieces regardless, and match the car perfectly.

Cars coming along nicely man :number1. Cant wait to see when its done.

18x10 et30 with a 15mm spacer and a lil camber would be perfect for the widebody

I can’t decide between the 18x10 or the 18x9.5, I feel like I could utilize more rubber with the 9.5’s, I feel like I’d need to stretch the tire on the 10" a bit, where I can put a hair more to the ground with the 9.5? I have some spacers, I don’t know if I’m going to use them yet or not. I’m also trying to decide between rear camber plates or just notching the strut, I’ve had a lot of successful camber readjustments that way (I have an alignment machine at my disposal). The front fenders are +20mm and the rear are +25mm.

Update:
Pulled the A/C system out. Who needs it? Not I. Somehow I didn’t have the right compressor, granted I had like 6 compressors but not the one I needed.
Pulled a few interior moldings out for painting, so the entire interior will be black and red. No more gray trim nonsense.
V-belt is back on, meaning power steering, alternator, all that good shit is back together. Just dropped the radiator in, ate Easter dinner, going back out to tackle some more. Working til 6:45 tonight, seats should be delivered any minute now. Pics up tonight hopefully!!

How come youre tearing apart the black one?

The black one had a slight incident, no horseplay or unlawful activity related, and ended up with a bent frame. The frame is getting pulled as we speak and my dad will be rebuilding it. He was going to make a WRX swapped 95 Impreza L so he already had everything sitting around.

Seats need a little TLC, but I’ll fix them up nice. The carbon fiber is in good condition, sorry about the lighting. Intake is on, radiator is a go, battery, window wash bottle, tranny fluid is filled, etc.

Things that need to be done in order to start it…
A starter would be a big help, starter that came with it was bad.
coolant
oil
turboback
intercooler

We’re getting really close!!

And then in general…
Wheels
Front and rear bumper
install seats
reinstall pillar moldings
shift knob
wire the system
install meth kit
headlights… bit of a predicament. The previous headlights were converted to HID’s and the stock plugs were sliced out. I have two HID ballasts and wire conversion kits laying around, I’m going to look into using them, prob some 6k’s.

I’m sure there is more I’m forgetting, I’m just trying to make a list.

Sorry for the dark pictures, it got late.

Nice work. Hope to see it out soon

See how quickly the haters turn around to nut swingers. Work is being done.

Great progress sofar man!

Somebody likes red Scoobys. :lol Looks good man. I heart build threads with lots of pics.

Thanks man, you will!!

I did notice that hahaha, I feel like I’ve accomplished just as much in the realm of reputation as I have mechanics so far, but I’ve still got quite a ways to go.

Hahaha believe it or not there has never been a ton of red scoobs in my driveway until just recently. There’s a good 3 or so more behind me in those pictures, none of which are red, but there is a red GMC 4x4 hahaha.

So the plans for tomorrow are as follows…
install starter, fill fluids, run turboback, install intercooler etc, start, jump for joy. win. take pictures. Begin interior, possibly exterior.