Judge rules that Sharia Law is more important than the US Constitution

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/penn-judge-muslims-allowed-attack-people-insulting-mohammad-210000330.html

Jonathon Turley, a law professor at George Washington University, reports on a disturbing case in which a state judge in Pennsylvania threw out an assault case involving a Muslim attacking an atheist for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Judge Mark Martin, an Iraq war veteran and a convert to Islam, threw the case out in what appears to be an invocation of Sharia law.

The incident occurred at the Mechanicsburg, Pa., Halloween parade where Ernie Perce, an atheist activist, marched as a zombie Muhammad. Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim, attacked Perce, and he was arrested by police.

Judge Martin threw the case out on the grounds that Elbayomy was obligated to attack Perce because of his culture and religion. Judge Martin stated that the First Amendment of the Constitution does not permit people to provoke other people. He also called Perce, the plaintiff in the case, a “doofus.” In effect, Perce was the perpetrator of the assault, in Judge Martin’s view, and Elbayomy the innocent. The Sharia law that the Muslim attacker followed trumped the First Amendment.

Words almost fail.

The Washington Post recently reported on an appeals court decision to maintain an injunction to stop the implementation of an amendment to the Oklahoma state constitution that bans the use of Sharia law in state courts. The excuse the court gave was that there was no documented case of Sharia law being invoked in an American court. Judge Martin would seem to have provided that example, which should provide fodder for the argument as the case goes through the federal courts.

The text of the First Amendment could not be clearer. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof-” It does not say “unless somebody, especially a Muslim, is angered.” Indeed Judge Martin specifically decided to respect the establishment of a religion, in this case Islam.

That Judge Martin should be removed from the bench and severely sanctioned goes almost without saying. He clearly had no business hearing the case in the first place, since he seems to carry an emotional bias. He also needs to retake a constitutional law course. Otherwise, a real can of worms has been opened up, permitting violence against people exercising free speech.

It should be noted that another atheist, dressed as a Zombie Pope, was marching beside the Zombie Muhammad. No outraged Catholics attacked him.

For the tl;dr types:

Essentially, a judge who converted to Islam threw out a case in which an atheist was attacked because he dressed up as a zombie Muhammad by some Muslim guy for the reasoning that “because of the Muslim religion, the defendant was obligated to attack the atheist.” Rather than uphold the First Amendment, the ruling was in favor of Sharia Law (read: not anything on the lawbooks in America).

WOW

Pretty sure the judge violated the religion clauses of the First Amendment and will be overruled at the least and hopefully disbarred.

How did a muslim judge even get assigned to a case like this? He is biased to the point of disregarding fundamental US law, this is absurd.

SO IS YOUR SIG! (srs, it’s fucking huge lol)

But as far as possible bias and conflict of interest, a judge isn’t suppose to let anything personal in his life affect any decision or interpretation of law. In this case, I feel it did. I’m just waiting for this to be overruled by a judge in a higher court, and hopefully this one will be disbarred.

I’ll change it in a few days, just wanted to share since I find it hilarious.

But as far as possible bias and conflict of interest, a judge isn’t suppose to let anything personal in his life affect any decision or interpretation of law. In this case, I feel it did. I’m just waiting for this to be overruled by a judge in a higher court, and hopefully this one will be disbarred.

I scarcely can imagine the kind of precedent this case will set if it doesn’t get overturned.

That’s ridiculous. Get him off the bench IMMEDIATELY.

Can’t we say the same thing when it comes to Christian law makers and judges and their bias as well?

Don’t recall any court cases where being christian was ever a legally justified reason for a physical assault.

:facepalm

Wow hopefully that b.s. ruling gets overturned and the judge gets tossed off the bench.

It’s assault plain and simple.

U.S. law cannot be cast aside in order to cater to one group or another. There is one set of laws in this land and no one is exempt regardless of what one rogue and jaded judge says.

But, it has many times in the past.

You’re right, there are examples in history where the law has been skirted, bent or just plain broken. However this group intends to import a whole new judicial system and set of barbaric laws for their specific group to follow and live by. The only problem is, as in this case, it affects more people than just them. Where does it end? Honor killings? Stoning? It’s already happening in Europe and it should be stopped here immediately.

I’m not saying it’s right. I’m just saying, this judge is no different than the Christian lawmakers and judges of past, present and our future. If we get douchebags like Santorum as president, we are going to be reverting back to the whole righteous right nonsense we had going on back in the 80’s. He is going to try to make America regress back hundreds of years with his rhetoric.

We are not a Christian nation. We are suppose to be a secular nation.

Click for a more detailed blog entry with quotes and audio
Looks like this is going to get a lot of attention, and he is already starting to backpedal and tap dance around it.

LOl zombie Muhammad is a pretty good idea if you want to get your ass beat by someone

Good link

Update on the story, seems like blogs may have jumped the gun on this one;

Can’t wait to be Zombie L. Ron Hubbard for Halloween.