Junkyards in Rochester

Ok, I am not going to post all the pictures, cause there are a lot. I’ll post a couple. I hit up 3 junkyards on the west side of Rochester on friday. Grabbed mostly pictures for myself, but there are a bunch of vehicles that people might be interested in here.

Zerniak’s on 104 in Brockport:

This place is large, with a lot of older stuff, not a lot of new. The guy that runs it can be a dick sometimes, and don’t goof off there. You tell them what you are looking for, and they direct you to it. You go straight there, don’t wander, and don’t destroy stuff. Prices are vague, and condition based. A fender is $35-100 depending on condition. not sure on other prices. Best bet, leave your tools in the car at first and go see if they have what you want. Tell them you are looking for a early 90’s accord, a early 90’s Ford Taurus, and a dodge caravan (pick a part for each, like hood, fender, etc) and that should get you access to most of the yard. They have piles of motors, rear axles, exhaust manifolds, etc. About 5 years ago we found a Flat head V8 in the pile, but didn’t get it.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Performance Part just off 104 in Brockport:

This yard has newer stuff. They have an online presence at PerformanceParts104.com, but not very up to date, and hard to find stuff. Also not indicative of what is in the yard. There is a $2 fee to look, but parts are reasonable for the most part. They keep some newer stuff in a fenced in area, but if you ask about something, they might let you back to look at it/pull it. Guys here are nice most of the time, once had a guy who had a bad day. There isn’t a lot of organization here, and they move stuff fairly quick. I’d put this on the must hit if you are up there to go to junkyards.

2005 Tiburon anyone?

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Bergen Auto Recyclers down in Bergen:

This yard gets some new stuff, and usually has a good selection. I liked this yard a lot cause they had a ton of vintage stuff, but they recently crushed 90% of it (this includes a 66 Impala SS, 64, 65, 65, 69 442’s, Cosworth Vega, 67 bonneville Vert, 67 mustang vert, and a bunch of others) This has moved it down on my must go to list cause they no longer have any 67-72 pickups. The guys here are nice, and old school hot rod guys, and walking around and pulling is free. Bring boots and clothes that can get muddy. this yard is often a mud hole, and walking around on the cars is a usual occurrence for me. Smaller import section, but still some decent stuff. Couple DC4’s in there. little out there, so not always the best choice, but if heading that way, why not. You can take Rt19 to get from the first two to this one easily. There is also a Heavy equipment junkyard just up the road, but they don’t let you in and you need to know what you want.

This area used to be filled with vintage stuff.

Cool post!

I have been to the first and third one. you are definitely right about them being dicks at zerniaks, but I have wandered around there for about an hour or two and never got anything said to me. A lot of random stuff at bergen and its pretty large. Both are pretty well organized, Bergen more so than Zerniaks though.

I think barn boots are a must for any junk yard.

I’ve spent a lot of time at Performance… Back when I used to live in Spencerport I was there all the time for parts.

do u remmeber seeing any newer civic’s? 7th gens (2001-2005) i need a few parts and will be in brockport on thursday

Geoff, did you catch the old suburban at Performance? It was up against the fence, right behind the caged area with the cars they havent put out back yet, forgot to mention it to ya.

Edit: link, I dont remember seeing one, then again thats not what I went there for. As Geoff said, they are VERY unorganized, and couldnt tell me where anything really was, but was happy to send me back there to look for myself

Yeah, I remember when you lived there and I went to your place with Adam Clear. Saw your brother’s blue truck, that was a beast.

Not that I recall, I would have taken a picture of it. If I see one here, I’ll let you know.

The black Blazer that was there? If so, i got the console out of it. They had a red suburban, but it was getting ready to be crushed. Nothing in the 67-72 truck era though

LOL! He’s still got that truck… The motor is out, and getting rebuilt… 510ci BBC with an 8-71 blower… it’s gonna be even more insane. The funniest part is, that whole motor, even with the blower, fits under the hood!!!

Man, I remember him Smoking all 4 tires on it when he left and we could hear it for like 5 minutes after he left. It’s going to be insane with the new motor.