Jury Duty Question

I did a search of previous threads but didn’t find any relevant information. I received in the mail today a jury summons from Buffalo today and of course my mail comes too late to contact anyone so I figured I would ask here to see if anyone else has dealt with this. My problem is that I recently moved to Baldwinsville NY (near Syracuse) and there is no way I should have to drive close to 3 hours to go to this crap. Looking online my county (onondaga) is not on there list of covered counties so I am thinking this wont be an issue and I will be excused but I am wondering if anyone has had to deal with this. I plan on calling the DMV tomorrow morning after work to update my address, and I planned on calling the number I found on the Erie County Juror website but since tomorrow is election day I am thinking they might be closed. Any thoughts?

call, they will relocate you to a closer county.

Yeah definitely call. They should just have people who are unemployed do jury duty.

I planned on calling, I was just wondering if someone else had to deal with this before and if it will be a big hassle or not.

i told them i had school, which i did, and they let me go, still havnt heard from them knock on wood

I tried that via letter, to a court in weedsport…didn’t even call/write back

LAME.

I cannot wait for the day I am called in.

meh, being in sanborn they wanted me to do it at the lockport courthouse.
i was driving the s10, it woulda been more than 40$ a day in gas.

So no one is answering when I call, and they don’t even have an answering service… Erie County fucking blows.

They probably all got the day off with instructions to go vote for the pro-union candidates.

lol I figured this was the case but really, with all the money this stupid county wastes they can’t even provide a answering service or even an automated message saying they are closed?

Then they’d have to hire 3 new people to review the messages because it’s not in the union approved list of job tasks the person responsible for answering the phone is required to do.

lol, also their work day ending at 4pm doesn’t allow them enough time!

Finally got an answer at the number on this site http://www.nyjuror.gov/home/frame.php?http://www.eriejury.com and all I have to do is fill out the dumb survey they send and include something that proves I have relocated like a copy of my lease agreement.

you can go for me. i have no interest in going at all.