Jury Duty

Well I am stuck here in Rochester…fucking great…

Ha ha. I got my summons about a month ago. #852. Called all week, and on thursday night, the last night I had to call, they called numbers 700-850.
They missed me by 2 :slight_smile: So now I’m good for 7 years.

haha lucky.

i am stuck here. i was like 230 and they called in 1-250.

i got my laptop for wireless internet but they blocked all the good sites like myspace, facebook, and internet gambling.

I had to report for jury duty for an attempted murder.

I was real close to having to serve the case, but I got passed on.

I was told that this is a NY Supreme court case…great.

haha that sucks dude

I wish I could remember the name of the 2 guys from the case I almost had to serve on.

I remember hearing about it, and seeing them beating this guy on a security tape that was shown on the news like a month ago.

Oh this blows. It turns out my case was canceled. So now they are holding us here till 12:45.

Good part is, unless another case starts or needs jurrors, we can go home and be excused then.

I’ve always wanted to go to Jury Duty. I have no idea why so many people hate it. I think it’d be awesome to be selected to be a part of a jury. I am a little law nerd though.

“I have made love to this machine… and now upon retrospect, I ask why.”

would probably the best opening sentence in an opening statement of all time

i was called to supreme court case also, and it sucked big time, i was there for 2 days doing nothing

If I was geting paid my hourly rate from my job and sitting here it wouldnt be as bad but since im not a full time employee by UB, I am stuck getting paid by the state which means:

I pay for lunch
I pay for parking in the city
I get paid $40/day which amounts to $5/hour

I got called for that shit about 4 years ago. Went downtown, sat in the room for 4 hours, then was let go.

lol that sucks, my work gave me 3 days paid.

used 2 only, i should of taken another.

Basically what I am doing now. Word is that I will be allowed to leave at 12:45 since all the cases have jurors and the other 3 were canceled.

DONE!!! NO more for 6 years!!!