Jury Duty Questions...

Anybody done it in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas? I’m summonsed to show up tomorrow at 8:30a.m. What am I looking at? Basically being there all day? How does it work? Am I interviewed in front of the judge by each attorney? If I get kicked out of one trial, is it possible to placed into the selection pool for another one?

At least maybe I’ll get something cool since I got a Criminal summons, not a Civil one.

Take a book. There’s gonna be a lot of sitting around doing nothing but waiting to see if a trial comes up.

Fuck. Well, I haven’t read Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut in a while, maybe I’ll bring it with me.

Hell with that, take a Hot rod, popular Hot Rodding, Super Chevy, Chevy Performance, and Camaro performer, that should get you to lunch…:blue:

Good luck…

Good call! :bigthumb:

you are going to get picked…they always go for the liberals in a jury:bigok: :spank:

don’t spend all the 5 dollars you get in one place

take an lt1 wiring guide. and hope you don’t get picked

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:blue: I was planning on going out to Brian’s this week to pick up the new tranny. Now its looking like who knows when I’ll get out there. :hsdance:

x2

Not sure how it works in Allegheny but in Westmoreland, a pool gets called to a certain court room, you fill out a few forms, get read an ass load of rules and then get questioned by a DA, the defense council, defendant, arresting officer (usually), and judge. If you get selected you sit in the court room until they get 12 jurors and 2 alternates. If not, you go back down to the jury commisioners room (where you sit ALL day) and could possibly be called to a different court room for a different trial.

say ur prejudice

Shave ur head n wear black boots with white laces

The jury process is a real eye opener. It not 12 angry men or Law and order.

You’ll be bored as hell and if you do get on a jury you get to see how stupid the people who are deciding the fate of criminals, and thus your safety in your community really are.

Most likely you’ll buy a shotgun on the way home to keep under the bed.

It’s a shame. The defense attorney that allowed me onto the jury for my particular case is a fucking moron. Based on past issues with people either in my family or people that I know well, there is no way that I should have been on this jury.

But, not only did I get picked for it, but I also was voted as foreperson by the rest of the jurors, and we convicted on all 6 counts.

I knew that and never served on a jury…

if they dont send the letter certified mail you really dont gotta ever show up. whats to say you ever got the notice