Just bought a 360

So after debating between a 360 and a ps3 for awhile now I jumped ship and about a 360. I bought a 360 pro and of course got the new grand theft auto with it. Im just looking for any tips/tricks/upgrades and some incite into modding it.

use a rubber

from what I’ve witnessed friends go through, be prepared to ship it to microsoft at least 2 times :stuck_out_tongue:

shoulda bought mine with the 2year unlimited warranty :tif:, dont buy a intercooler. good for cars, not good for 360s. they melt to the back

If that doesn’t tell you just how much excess heat they(360’s) generate plus how poor the internal cooling is, nothing will. Get an intercooler unless you plan on returning it multiple times.

4 responses and only one useful post, I need buickgn to get in here.

Mine came with a 2 year warranty, but thanks for the heads up on the intercooler. I don’t think im going to have a problem anyways as i don’t leave my game systems on all the time and it has plenty of air around it.

as long as you got a unit with a hdmi port your cooling should be fine.
I went through 3 units before the store just credited my credit card and then I bought a new one and have had 0 issues.

You should have an issue if you just bough one, but an intercooler is not a bad idea. I’v have one on since I bought the thing 2 year ago,no issue yet.

It does have one, which is why im not worried.

http://www.360mods.net/tutorial/Textbook.pdf

check that out if you’re interested in modding. i modded mine easily. just need to have the right equipment

my brother had to send his in too, be careful…just make sure youve got a warranty, its a microsoft product for gods sake.

oh and buy COD4 so i can run you like i ran you in wolfenstein and CS back in the day…har har. i steal mybrothers xbox on occasion when i’m not busy.

I will airstrike you ass shnell!

har har

+1 on the intercooler. got mine when GOW came out (what like 2 years now?) Played the shit out of it when i first got it with no problems. Play it on and off now and then for a few hours when i find time and still no problems. The only real notable problem i have is playing GTA4. If i get on a bike or a car (in the game) and beat around the city at blurry speeds for a while. ( u know u go so fast that the surrounding scenery gets blurry). My cd drive starts making a funny sound then i get a CD read error. i restart the system and problem solved. Cant figure out why it does it. like i said though thats the only problem I have had with it.

thought you meant a ferrari lol

The intercoolers melted to the back because the intercoolers were poorly made and caused numerous electrical issues. So, again, DO NOT buy one of the intercoolers.

I sold my original 360 to RX3 and the thing still runs without a problem. I then bought one of the Pro’s for the 120GB drive and HDMI. I bought a second machine with the original intent of modding it but never got around to it :bloated:. Soooooo, I’ve had three 360s and never had a problem with any of them.