Xbox 360 Nyko Intercooler Problems?

I went to gamestop to buy a Nyko Intercooler for my 360 and a guy at the other register started talking to me about it. He said that they have been known to burn up the 360 by drawing to much power from the system. Also because the fans on the intercooler rotate the opposite way of how the ones inside the 360 do. Anybody have any problems with there intercooler or know if he was correct about the fan rotations? When I get my xecuter blaster 360 next week, I’m going to take my 360 apart and check the fan rotations. Just wondering what the 360 guys (and gals) thoughts on this are …

Don’t waste your money. As long as the system is in a well ventilated area you don’t have to worry about over heating.

My friends got fried because of this intercooler.

buy 5 dollar fan point fan on 360

I’v had one on my 360 for over a year and I haven’t had a problem with my 360 yet.

fuck … now i’m having mixed emotions on this!

Well if people have had a problem, why chance it? I’ve left my 360 on for days with no problems, and I talked to a few people in gamestop and EB games and they said they leave theirs on for weeks at a time in those barely vented enclosures with rare overheating problems. My fucking laptop overheats more in a day than everyone I know with a 360 has ever overheated.

I wouldn’t be worried.

The thing is designed to operate as is, id hope they made it able to run at 100% continuously, and as long as your within warranty i wouldn’t be worried.

The intercoolers/fans are scams, and in most cases restrict the flow more than help it.

off topic:

good song
on topic:i have one on my 360 no problems here

the only time my xbox was fried was when i set it next to a projector and the hot air was blowing on it.

keep it ventilated and make sure the back and side vents and properly draw air into it and get rid of it and you will be fine.

also, if you have modded yours and opened it before, you can clean out the inside of dust every few months.

Off topic,

How reliable are 360’s?
I want to get one, but i have a friend who fried 2 of them, and rarely used it. I have every intention to mod it, so id kinda want it not to red ring after i void the warranty.

Is it generally the processor overheating? So, liquid cool it and im good?

lol… zomgvtek… you’re in a thread based on the constant overheating that people have one their xboxs… so much that there is an aftermarket cooler available to keep it running… and that fails as well.

360 and PS3 are shit, that is all there is to it.

mine sits on and runs almost 24/7. i play games daily and i have been fine with it. keep it ventilated and you are usually ok.

same here. its a bit noisy at first, but once you turn your surround on, you dont even know its on.

I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it or not yet. When I get the tools to open up my 360, I’m going to check to see which way all the fans rotate. That will pretty much decide for me since my 360 sits completely in the open.

i have the intercooler, and besides the noise i have no problems.

i had one get the red ring of death and that is why i got the intercooler it makes a lot of noise but better safe then sorry.

i have the elite, the newer ones don’t have the heat issues that the first releases did.
Fans are scams for this system, like previously stated keep it in a well ventilated area and your fine or if your really that worried get a box fan and point it on your 360 and you will be fine.

PS: Xbox live can detect voltage changes. If you are using a fan system, make sure it does not change the standard voltage in your xbox.