Just dropped in my SR20! Sexxxy!!!!

Been buzy over the winter, i have a full mig setup, so I went through the underbody and frame and did any repairs, tore the sr20 down, new apexi, arp, exhaust, turbo, gaskets, pulleys, etc. just dropped this in last night. It looks sex…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25614[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25615[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25616[/ATTACH]

now to get this bad boy hooked up w new intercooler, rad, fans, harnesses, exhaust etc, total suspension parts upgrades are next. Tons of parts sitting in boxes ready to go rucas, lca, torsion, rims and rubber etc…

Dude! Sweet!

I think I’ve seen your car around, near the go station on Ritson in Oshawa last fall. Looked clean

looks great dude

Thx, its been alot of work but its all coming together now. Put the rims on last night, lovin the look!

Put in the new harness and ecu too, hooked up power steering lines, working on the hoses at the moment. Next is rad assembly, then FMIC, intake, boost controller, exhaust and air/fuel guage.

Can’t wait to fire it up!!!

Good stuff!.. motivates me to get going on mine again!

Cool! Spring is here soon, so I want to be ready. New pics later on today.

Had to make a custom bracket to hold the ka throttle cable on the sr since it was too short to mount with the sr bracket. Also completed the heater lines from the back of the engine. What a biatch that was. The sr lines are i think 5/8 or 3/4 and the heater lines are 1/2. I had to salvage all the heater line with 90 turns in it and use hard lines to put them together.

Nways, heres a pic, no camber or drop yet, just happy to have them on. Don’t look at the wiring, I was just trying to get all the connectors attached so the harness is just laying on top of the intake until i clean it up and fasten it. there’[s alot of shiz on the firewall i have to clean up too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31529[/ATTACH]

Here’s a pic of the new bracket I made to hold the ka throttle cable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31530[/ATTACH]

Ohh no I looked at the wiring lol jokes nice progress

Got the rad and fan setup in last night, also mounted the intercooler. Pics…
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31746[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31749[/ATTACH]
If anybody tells you these kits are just bolt on, don’t believe them. Had to make custom rad holders.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31747[/ATTACH]
and had to make custom lower mounts for the intercooler
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31748[/ATTACH]

got my intercooler piping run a couple of days ago and figured out that i need to order a few couplings from house of tubing in pickering.

last night I hooked up the alternator to the lower harness, the ka harness is the same as the sr harness it seems. They look identical. Transferred the reverse light switch from my ka to the sr, since the sr switch had wires missing. Direct fit. Put in the short shifter, and reinstalled my one piece driveshaft. Also installed the auto to manual clutch cable to remove the mess of stock clutch line crap.

Still got stuff to do, but the list is getting much shorter.

Having problems with the bolts for the slave cylinder. I think I have the right ones, but they don’t seem to match the threaded hole in the bell housing, loose, WTF!!!

It seems the hole is m10 x 1.5 using a tap but the bolt which fits the same die is loose in the hole WTF!!!, I might have to tap it to M11 to get it to fit tight!!! The holes look sleeved with a thin metal tube insert, so I don’t want to cut through it by going too big.

all the problems, WTF.

Sounds like someone stripped the oem threads and used a helicoil to repair it.Dd it not come with the bolts?!.if not almost guaranteed you have the wrong thread pitch

Bought a set of new m10’s to go in and I also bought a set of 7/16 bolts to try as well which are slightly larger. Seems unlikely that the hole would be for M11 bolts since its a really uncommon size. Will post later with the result.

M10x1.5? most likely someone fucked up the threads and re-tapped as Nissan_Crazy said. Almost all the bolts Nissan uses/used on their cars are 1.25 pitch.

IT LIVES!!! Did the first brief startup, yeah baby! Now to finish hooking up vacum to the bov, actuator and apexi controller. Also finish figuring out the setup for the intake and maf.

Still need to fit the cat for e-test purposes. Almost there.

took it over to Riworx this morning for final details to be done. Almost there!

Been driving it for 3 weeks now, saweeeeet!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32454[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32455[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32456[/ATTACH]

Still got an assload of suspension stuff to go on, but just happy to be driving it now. Gotta still make heat shield for the brake master, but i’ll get to it.

^ Looking good! clean swap, I would highly recommend getting an Oil Catch Can instead of that breather you put there though.

Thanks! I have already changed the breather to a temporary hose that heads down, out of sight so when the cops check, everything looks as it should. Been thinking about a catch can at the back though, just haven’t gotten around to ordering it yet.