Just Energy - Is it a scam?

The other day I got a phonecall from my fiancee while I was at work. A man knocked on the door with information about how they can save us some money on our national grid bill. She called me and handed the phone to the man, off the bat immediately tried to get me to signup over the phone telling me he can save me 5% for the first 3 months and that after that it will be a lower rate based on some random BS, I dont remember exactly. They have been soliciting us quite a bit, I guess they came by 3-4 other times when we werent home, I told him I was not interested at this time and to leave some info and I will contact them when I decide, well later that day around 7pm another one knocked on the door, when if first heard it i thought it was my dog making noise and ignored it as it was kinda quite… thsi fuck knocked on the door for almost 5 minutes when i finally decided to get my fat ass off the couch and see wtf it was., after telling them that I had talked to another and he left some info, and I would get back to them if I was interested, he spood fed me the same old bullshit the other guy did, I told him I wasnt interested and asked him if he would please leave, asshole knocked my gate down when trying to put it back and just left it.

Anyways, I figured I’d do some reasearch, and they seem legit, supposidly it still goes thru national grid but somehow they offer a better rate. Anyways a quick google search yields some good, and a lot of not so good articles/comments not seemed to be based on hard fact but based on opinions such as mine from being heavily solicited and how they seemed shady (LOL)

has anyone heard of these presistant little fucks? And if so are they legit? Even if they are, for some reason i feel as thou they lock you into some rate, so if you use more or less power/gas then you did in some cases it may be cheaper, or more expsensive then they need to be in others…

Granted my bill is <$100 anyways so its not that big of a deal, but hell who wouldent want to save a few bucks?

So after a little more reading, it appears as thou they are basicly a scam. Telling people they are billed a certain ammount per kwh/therms etc when in fact its usualy a higher rate… They buy “energy” in bulk and resell it.

So even if it seems “cheap” you can end up paying more if you use less etc…

So if you hear from these people, kindly tell them to fuck off.

It’s one of those pyramid schemes.

These guys parade around local homeshows too, theyre very annoying.

Super pyramid scheme. Run.

+1 think these are the people that have been bothering my folks.

they also dont tell you about the charges national grid will charge you to “deliver” the energy from said other company. definite pyramid scheme.

Anyone who knocks on your door to sell something has ulterior motives…

Had a three young kids come into my work the other day
who represent “Direct Energy” talking some shit about lowering
our NatG bill.

They asked for a copy of the bill (to see where they can save us money)
so I told them Id be right back, as I walked to my office and Google’d their
‘company’

The first thing that came up suggested from Google in the
search bar was “DIRECT ENERGY SCAM”

I still searched and needless to say, the page was full of “SCAM”, “ROBBING NY BLIND”,
and the like.

I asked them to leave, trying not to laugh. They tried to explain, I had none of it haha

I’m printing out a bunch of my findings… if they show up again I’m going to hand it to them, ask them to explain, watch them stumble over themselves, and kindly ask them to fuck off once more and not to come back before I call the local PD. I will also be putting some of these findings in my neighbors mailboxes

Don’t touch your neighbor’s mailboxes. It’s a federal offense. Srs.

^LOL truth haha

I know, and you also dont technically own your own mailbox :lol

It’s actually not a scam, but the amount of money you are going to save on your electric is EXTREMELY minimal. Was the company called “ambit Energy”? You save around 1-2% on your electric bill which like I just said is not alot BUT those people that go around and get people like you to sign up make THEMSELVES from $0.20-$1.00 for each person and they get that $0.20-$1.00 EVERY SINGLE month that you stay with the company. So if they have 10,000 people signed up THEY are making up to $10,000 a month. Not so good for you, but CAN be good for them. A friend asked me to get into that business once, thats how I know.

they likely make money when they have you get into the business too so he probly lied to you to…hence pyramid scheme.

You make MORE my when you get into the business but for someone who JUST wants to sign there electric bill over they still get a small residual income