Just got my License

That was my friends old car. LoL. 6SPD S4 blasted the tail light out of it with the car wash wand and then they proceeded to cover the car in purple and pink presoak foam and blast around town until it the foam either ran off or dried onto the paint. All this with no exhaust from the waste gate housing back. Car was a freaking blast!

Hondas are boring

Hondas are very predictable but reliable. Can’t go wrong with one.

find a nice clean eg. reliable for the time being and endless (as endless as fwd gets) potential

Put $2500 into the bank, or back in your parents pocket for fines, insurance deductibles, and repairs to get your ass to school a part time job and back home prior to 9PM.

First off, anything for $4000 will be either a nice performance (maybe) car (when it was new) and will need a ton of work now because its whooped. OR its a turd car (when it was new) and is well maintained and would last for ever if you didn’t “MOD” it to death and/or put it in a ditch and total it. (taking a decent cheap daily from the market straight to the crusher)

So my bet is a $1000 bomber and $500 in parts/maintenance to get it reliable again. Your insurance will be cheaper because you wont need to run collision on your car (but will still more or less have to pay when you hit someone else). it will be old so its not worth much. It will not do 130mph and kill you or me, or my family. It wont attract un needed attention. You wont want to stunt around like you are in the fast and furious movies. you parents will respect you more for not doing the typical retarded young kid first car shit. You wont be crushed when you wreck it because its you bestest car evar, so you wont jump off a bridge and kill yourself.

Yes i am an old man… but to be old and wise you have to be young and stupid… so learn from my mistakes!

please stay away from a Subaru… i have a feeling you’ll do everything wrong, since its your first car. just get an old honda and call it a day.

you guys gotta chill the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkout

let him buy w/e he wants

also, way too many honda fanbois here

dave my advice is sound and well thought out. A little harsh, but welcome to the real world kiiiidz!

seriously, look for a good sound car that will get you from point a to b to a lookout over the town and into some pants. What else is needed in a first car???

Its like a first bike, you will wreck it. so dont blow all your rents moniez on a $4000 car.

i agree that you dont have to blow 4 grand on a first car, you can get alot of car for 4 grand believe it or not.

either way you guys are pretty rough, but its cool :smiley:

Agree completely here, chances are whatever you buy, as soon as you have some more driving experience and better income, you’ll be getting rid of it anyway. So aim for cheap and reliable stash the extra money for maintenance/unexpected shit and drive worry free. In a few years when its time to move on you’ll be glad you didn’t waste a bunch of time/money on some budget go-fast dump.

Older cheap/clean honda may not be a bad idea, good luck finding something and welcome to the shift-show.

honestly, what kid his age is going to actually agree with “yeah i got 4 grand but let me spend 1 on a car now and save 3 and be smart”

hell no they are gonna look for cars on sale and max out the budget in 5 minutes and maybe go a little over it too.

thats how it works, no way in HELL is he going to do the smart thing the first time around, you know you wouldnt !

Maybe so, but it doesn’t hurt to try. Either way, whether you spend 1 grand or 4 I would look for something with good reliability, cheap insurance and decent mileage as a first vehicle.

nah buy a 1992 S500

i think a truck is the best first car. easy to drive, can’t fit alot of people, doesn’t go fast girls love them

young bitches love jeep wrangler’s and they are pretty cheap

laxandrive whats your last name? i graduated from cba a long time ago but my brother is currently a junior about to start his senior year there.

4th gen maxima, preferably a stick. Pretty cheap, reliable (if you don’t do anything stupid, VQ’s are bulletproof), decently quick while still being a reasonable car to drive. Fuel economy depends on how you drive it. They don’t handle as well as hondas from the era, but still hang on decently well in the corners. The engines also sound awesome. Lots of options, GLE’s have heated leather and bose stereos, SE’s can be loaded up the same. Comfy cars to cruise around in and smoke weed.

Just find one that hasn’t been riced out, and was owned by a normal person that took reasonable care of the car. They regularly top 250-300k miles.

Where do you find cheap Jeep Wranglers worth owning?.. Really, The GF would love to know. LoL

Awesome advice bro…

-----------------------------------------NOT!---------------------------------------

Buy a bus pass.