Just picked up a jet ski, anyone on here ride these?

Just picked up a GP1200R ski. (for winter lol). I dont know nothing about these things. I am going to take it out this weekend weather permitting. Any tips for a newb?

not really… there easy, full throttle everywhere… just remember if you never rode one before, they will not turn if you are not on the gas!

your body will hurt the next day…

yes u need to be on the gas to turn…don’t follow boats to close, esp once that are pulling a skier or tuber

Hopefully I will make it back in one piece. :nono:

I do not particularly care for jetskiers. every experience I’ve had with them (fishing) has been negative\

btw I’m not sure about this, but don’t you need some kind of boater safety certificate to operate a pwc?

boaters safety certificate
you can take it online at the pa boat and fish commission web site or take a class for it
alot of it is common sense though there is some stuff that you will need to know like how far away to stay from a shore line and other boats

Ya, I just took it last night. 75 questions but it took me 2 hours to take it very few common sense questions. I had to look most of them up in the hand book, but I passed:blue:

good. Since your a newb just take it easy and get comfy with it first

as 01GPGT said, I’m not a fan of jetskiers to much when I’m trying to fish or wakeboard. Just don’t be an ass to other boaters

piss on the fishermen, let the people have their fun. I hate fishermen who bitch at me even when me and my kids are down at cedar creek “quit making waves and running around, you’re scaring the fish away”, fuck off.

I rent a jetski every year on vacation for a few days. It’s a blast. Like everyone else said, go balls out the entire time.

you fuck off

The GP1200 is a nice machine. It’s not as fast as the newest PWC’s on the market with “only” 155 hp, but compared to the supercharged 215-250 hp beats out right now, it just a little slower. But still, it’s a fun watercraft. It actually does well in a little chop. Some of the smaller skis will be faster on super smooth “glass” like water, but with some waves thrown in, the GP1200 cuts through and keeps the pump full better and will hold its own.

As far as safety goes, I say, always check behind you before you turn. That’s where I’ve seen people get into trouble. They’ll just take a 90 degree turn without looking and almost get run over by a boat that can’t turn as fast. I’ve seen some VERY close calls because of this.

Good luck and have fun!

Oh, and the GP1200 is a gas HOG!

I took it out today and had a blast! I will keep all the pointers in mind from you guys, thanks. There fun machines but they get boring after a little bit or riding. Mabey it will be different riding with another jet ski.