PWC Owners

Looking to actually buy one soon.

I found a neighbor near my parents house wants the jet ski gone.

It is a 2000 seadoo gti, 3 seater, two stroker (718cc)
http://www.tracksideinc.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=1002&Manufacturer=13

I know the pwc has been maintained very well. I checked it yesterday and has minor rough spots on the hull, nothing that can sink it. Overall, it is in great shape for a 11 year old ski. It was barely used and has low miles. Comes with a very nice trailer and a bunch of goodies (ski’s, knee boards, life jackets, etc.)

I was doing some pricing and it comes up to be around 2,600 (with trailer and cover) on nada.
http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2000/Sea-Doo-BRP/GTI-5647-10/Standard-Equipment

One I don’t want to take advantage of neighbors I grew up with during my childhood. I want to make sure we are both satisfied with the price.

What would a fellow PWC owner offer for this model and equipment?

Tough to say , depends on hour and shape… I would say 2300-2800. Was it always winterized, flushed, plugs changed…? Also check the compression.

It was always winterized

Got it!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e167/Mankthetank19/631974345_2258656819_0.jpg

Congrats. Hopefully we’ll get another great summer like last year.

Now don’t be one of the douche nozzles who thinks it’s cool to keep ripping around right in front of the boat launch. I swear I’m going to start harpooning jet skis who think the best place to play around is right where people are trying to load and unload.

Nice, it would be worth your while to do a compression test now, and to check piston wash to make sure you’re not running lean after taking it out. 2 strokes can be very reliable, but if they’re not running 100% correctly, they will not last long.

Wow it just hit me that something in 2000 is 11 years old… fuck i’m getting old.

I’m pumped to. Picked up a pwc that I only got to take out for about 20 mins last year. Got a few more things planned for it though. Waiting for the weather to finally break into some nice days to pull it out to work on though

I know what you mean. My fiance family has a cottage at crystal beach and I spend every weekend up there. This is where I will be using it :slight_smile:

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

I will be taking it to a shop to have it looked at and examined before taking it out. I don’t know much about PWC mechanics but it is time to start learning

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Yes, I know what you mean :frowning:

Congrats. I was going to tell you to get a 4 stroke just because gas and oil consumption are $$$ but I’m glad you’re happy with your purchase. I miss my Yamaha GP1200R every summer. :frowning:

Yea, my finance and I are stoked. We end up getting it for 2600 - comes with 5 life jackets, ski’s, knee board, battery charger, and all the accessories (anchor, rope, etc).

Greenhulk.net is the best pwc forum I’ve come across. In the seadoo section most of the talk is rxp/rxt, but I’m sure you will still find some useful information.

I have a matching pair of 01 GTX limiteds. I can’t wait for the water to warm. Greenhulk.net is the shit. Best info out there. There is a section just for the 2 stroke machines.

I’ll have to get ahold of you this summer to meet up out on the water :tup:

pwctoday or xh20 are both great sites too !!! congrats on the purchase , im sure ill run into to you out on the water

Thanks everyone for the warm info and congrats! Hopefully I run into some of you this summer :slight_smile:

I finally joined greenhulk after my first weekend out on the water and have been searching for the gas gauge issue

Good:
Mechanically sound with no issues - compression great

Bad:
Gas gauge doesn’t work
Have some body issues in the rear that might be getting water into ski hull

I am wondering if there any PWC’s owners that might be able to help out if I supply some cash/beer/etc to work on my two issues

Damage:

Yea thats not good. That neeeds to be dryed really good, then carved out a little with a rotary tool and re gel coated.

I just fixed my once perfect machine this spring that my brother bashed, it came out perfect.

The hull is fiber reinforced plastic, unless its cracked it shouldnt leak. But if you dont pull the cover off the driveshaft and grease the coupling it wont put enough pressure on the seal ring and it will fill the hull with water. Its very common that they go ungreased due to people not knowing.

I would help ya out but i habe very little free time this summer with work.

this is a smc hull then? If so the repairs need to be done with epoxy and not fiberglass resin. i just did some work on mine to so prob could take a look.

On skis I’ve had in the past I’ve filled gashes much worse than that with regular fibreglass kits from walmart, and never had an issue. One of my friends had a 2" x 8" hole right in the middle of the hull; we’re going on three seasons of hard use without a problem. I don’t know about the smc / figreglass thing, but if needed just fill it in with epoxy. Either way, that is not where your water intrusion is coming from.