Just some conversation

So I’m at work here, it’s relatively quiet so I thought of something, I wonder what people really think of us automotive sales people. History has more or less shaped this industry to the point that we’re like those door to door insurance sales people, fast talking, plaid suit wearing two timers. I know as a fact no matter how nice and straight up I’m with people they’ll always think that it’s all fake. I guess I don’t blame them because of course history and how media portrays us, there’s always that set mindset.

The industry is changing and everytime I mention I’m a Nissan sales consultant they always give me that look “ooo stay away from that guy”. I guess as a random question what experiences have you guys had when buying cars?

For me I remember when my mom was buying her car when she went to the dealership they treated her so bad, just because she was a woman and of another ethnic origin the salesperson assumed she knew nothing (of course I told her all about the car before she went there) That’s my pet peeve, I hate salespeople assuming people are dumb and know nothing about cars, suprisingly 95% of buyers know the vehicle more than the salespeople which I don’t doubt. What are your guys’ thoughts?

People give you that look because your a car sales man… :roll: Oohhhhh… :E

It’s all clear now

Um, is that for real?? :o Thats awesome lmao

Um, is that for real?? :o Thats awesome lmao[/quote]

Haha, um no, just dumb conversation with a friend of mine, that was the best reason for deportation that first of all we can be proud of and brag about. Better than murder don’t you think?

Hahaha for sure!

I hate when I say “oh the spec v has 175 hp” and the sales man says no for 05 they have 180. :vom: makes me sick. I owned a 04 remeber…I told you when I came in…

I know not all salesman are sleazebags, but I’ve worked at dealt with so many of them that are just trash.

The one trait that bothers me about a salesperson/realtor is when they will do ANYTHING to make a buck. The ones that treat you like king of the world, but as soon as they have your money, they couldn’t give two shits about you.

Of course not all salesmen are like this…

When I worked for a few electronics retailers I got a good kick out of the salesmen. You can tell the ones that have the big egos very easily. Everything is theirs. “I will have to order this from my warehouse as I don’t have any in stock.”

Your COMPANY doesn’t have any in stock so you have to order from your company’s warehouse!!

But their egos and fake bling to make them look more successful are always a good laugh.

What are you talking about? They have 180hp! Are you crazy, you know nothing…thinking you’re all that…j/k I hate it when there’s some salespeople that try to compete with the other person who knows more…if you’re not sure then don’t say anything or look it up.

When I was shopping for a car I really didn’t like the salespeople. They assumed that because I was young I had no money so they stayed away from me. I had sales people walk right past me without even looking at me. But when they did acknowledge me, they assumed I knew nothing of cars. Well I don’t have much money, and I don’t know much about cars but I have enough.

And yes, I’m sorry Chris, but some of this did happen at Ericksen.

I bought my car from Ericksen specifically because of the salesgirl that was working there - of course, she DID know as much about the car as me, but she was always honest and I felt like she tried to get me the best deal on the car that she could - I got it for Ericksen’s cost, so I can’t complain too much. :smiley:

Salespeople that don’t know anything drive me insane, although when you find one that knows nothing and you know lots, it can be lots of fun. I went to Northgate Pontiac one day and was looking at brochures for the Solstice - a salesman came over and said “Isn’t that a nice looking car, blah blah”, as soon as I asked him if he knew why they hadn’t put the supercharged motor from the Cobalt SS in it, he handed me his card and bailed. Am I going to go back to him to buy my car? I think not.

A fun point was that when I was 19 I applied to Edmonton Motors to sell Chevrolets - I went into the interview and the guy told me he appreciated my enthusiasm, but “you don’t need to know anything about cars to sell cars”. Nothing turns me off faster than a dumbass salesperson who doesn’t know what they’re talking about!

The last story I’ll mention is when my mom was shopping around for her new car, which ended up being the Murano. At all the dealerships my parents went to, my dad told the salesperson that the car was for my mom and he had no involvement in its purchase. So of course, they tried their sales pitches on my dad five minutes later. STUPID. The only one that didn’t do that was the girl from Ericksen who ended up making the sale.

I had a salesman assume I was broke and wouldn’t let me test drive an SRT-4 without him in the car, then he wouldn’t let my wife ride along either. I was dressed in my work clothes still so that prolly threw him. It was annoying, when I told him no other dealership did this he said they hadn’t been bit yet. WTH does that mean?

That’s why I’m working there :smiley: So all you folks won’t be ignored, I was always taught to treat everyone as a potential buyer, doesn’t really matter what they look like, some Joe can walk in wearing tattered clothes, you meet that person and low and behold, you sell them a fell load Titan AND they get approved for financing,

The best place so far that I got wicked treatment was actually at Southview Acura, I was checking out the RSX Type-S and TSX (just to compare to our Altima 3.5 SE and SE-Rs) and the salesperson ran me through the whole process, took consideration of my time and actually took me out on a test drive even though I did state that I wasn’t looking until 3 months from now.

There’s a lot of sales people who really just don’t give a hoot sometimes when they work, that’s the problem so remember folks if the salesperson doesn’t seem “enthusiastic” about what they’re doing or doesn’t seem to be looking after your needs let them know! Us salespeople like it when people are straight forward!