Just when I thought I couldn't respect mayor Bloomberg any less

He shows me a way to hate him more.

So yeah, mobilize some generators and a whole bunch of police and fire so you can bring a bunch of people into your crippled city to run a stupid fucking road race. That should definitely be a priority right now. I’m glad towns all over the state, like Amherst who sent fire trucks and a swift water rescue team, are devoting their resources to your storm damage so you can go play at your road race.

Maybe take those generators you were going to use to power race tents and bring them to the countless gas stations without power so people aren’t waiting in line 12+ hours just to get gas. What a colossal jackass.

Stupid. If it was NYC’s version of Bacon, Beers, Boobs, I could understand, but I hate marathons.

He should put a moratorium on his soda ban so people can keep their calories up while rebuilding.

He is definitely a giant douche. He’s like someone put Obama in a centrifuge and spun down a super concentrated neo-liberal and Bloomberg is what’s left.

Yeah, I’d tackle one thing before another…

“Oh the house is on fire…I just remembered I need an oil change, better do that”

Yeah this sounds like a great use of first responder resources. 210n15t (Bloomburg only cares about one thing and it aint the people hurting from this storm. If people can say “Bush hates black people”, I can say this.:))

The fuck does Israel have to do with the NYC marathon?

:tup: I should go run it.

What a fucking idiot.

I wonder if this woman will be at the marathon…

Makes sense.

I believe that keeping the marathon going is important. The event brings a lot of money to the city, could bring a lot of support to victims of the storm by way of out-of-towners donating supplies, and will help morale by showing the city can still stand up and host the event in the face of disaster.

However, redirecting crucial and potentially life saving utilities to ensure the event goes on is criminal. Bloomberg is a fucking idiot.

Something I saw on reddit was important as well. Hotels in the area are currently acting as evacuation shelters that many people are using due to not being able to stay at their homes. Those hotels are now being forced to choose between helping New Yorkers, or honoring paid-reservations. Helping New Yorkers is the right thing to do.

He’s the worst.

Well I’m not a fan, but with a net worth of 25 Billion, he’s gotta be doing something right

As far as I know NYC isn’t in that bad of shape. I have family there and they have power and they are all ok. I see no reason why this event shouldn’t be happening. Pucker up and get shit done.

i agree with keeping the marathon too. stopping events like that just let’s the storm get the better of you.

With regard to that, i think you’re being selectively compassionate. Didn’t a stack of you think it was okay for a fire department to let someone’s house burn down because of an unpaid $75 bill for fire insurance? These people had a few days notice and were heavily advised to GTFO and didn’t.

i feel for them, but i don’t see how it is an effective counterpoint to the marathon. the story about the woman who lost her two baby boys makes me cry.

Can we just cut NYC from NY now? It’s a freaking cancerous growth on NYS. And guess who’s gonna be paying for MORE shit in NYC now? Upstate New York. Great.

It seems most marathon runners are completely self-absorbed people anyway so this kind of makes sense. Disclaimer: Read carefully I did not say “all runners”.

Couldn’t agree more.

The race stages on Staten Island, one of the worst hit areas.