Just when I thought I couldn't respect mayor Bloomberg any less

Some parts of the city are worse off than others. NYC is HUGE, so just because someone in Queens is OK, doesn’t mean that someone on the lower east side of manhattan is OK.

lol

I thought Wallstreet was back open it can’t be that bad.

They’re doing OK. At this point I expect that most of the water is pumped out places where it was trapped. Any business that is up and running is doing so on Generator power most likely, though (in lower manhattan).

If these marathon runners are such great physical specimens why don’t they do something useful like run supplies to the areas that need them. A marathon race seems about 99% useless in good times, doing it right in the face of human need makes it that much worse.

100,000 people could make an impressive bucket brigade.

Damn dude tell us how you really feel. Damn in shape people bettering themselves and having fun :shakesfist:

If it makes you feel any better I am sure I dislike fatbodies who “think marathoners are self-absorbed” at least as much as you hold issue with people who take care of themselves. So we can call it good.
Next advice - Don’t air your insecurity all over the internet. If you are that upset about being out of shape don’t take it out on marathoners. Maybe enjoy a nice jog yourself.
I mean if we are gonna troll…lets troll.

lol. This got me.

MSNBC is reporting that he cancelled it now.

Yep, canceled. Guess the pressure was too much for him.

I was talking to him earlier, told him it was a bad idea and he agreed. All it took was someone to ask nicely.

Well you can’t have a marathon then cancel an election, that would look bad. :wink:

I quoted myself in case you missed it, I have no problem with people trying to stay in shape.
Being anorexic and running more than 12 miles is not bettering yourself. :wink:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/04/extreme-endurance-exercise-carries-risks/

I know a lot of marathoners. None of which are anorexic. Are you talking about elite distance runners? Most I know or quiet nerdy dudes who played soccer or just wanted to stay in shape getting older and picked up running which usually leads to a marathon. I am not sure you know too many marathoners…

Nice article. I will take my chances.

The race would have been a morale booster for some in NYC, but a slap to the face to the majority of NYC. I hope they put all of the supplies and resources that were for the race to good use.

Hurricane’s Sandy used her foot to push the flush ever on NYC. City should be sparkly white again.

My thoughts on marathoners:

https://youtu.be/Ns6YSvCsVJM

EB&D FTW, I haven’t laughed harder at anything else

Did you catch this yet?

Surprised?

I was glad to see some runners raising money this weekend for the relief effort. :tup: