K24 Hatch

Its been proven, however most of the time the gains come from switching from 25 to 50 degrees max vtc.

I finally make an informative post and it gets disregarded

this car is real clean. well done

yea, tough to sort through the bullshit to find it.

That’s exactly what I would guess… however I would also guess that the k24a2 head would outperform the k20a2 head on a k24a2. …therefore the only time that it is advantageous to swap the head is on the other (accord, CRV) K24s?

The limiting factor on those heads is the 25* of VTC. However, the K24 has a 99mm stroke… so Honda played it safe. RSX cam gears can be swapped for extra degrees or the TSX gears can be notched. The guy I bought the J from made 300whp on a K24A2 head on an Accord block without much issue. Like I said, TSX motors are kinda hard to come by and the best ones (08+) are still pretty expensive.

I just noticed that this car only has 11.7:1 compression… Are the valves flat face? I think 12.5:1 could have easily been done on 93 octane.

LOVE the interior

you are the only one going round and round you asked why we answered. i thought i gave you a very thorough answer as to why the vtec system is different on the k24 accord/crv motors. i forgot about the 25 degree VTC limit on the tsx motor. the stock pistons might hit the valves with more VTC from the factory. i think the k20a2 head does flow a bit more anyway.

all in all its cheaper to just build a k24/k20 than buy a TSX motor + k20 cam gear and build. also you have to consider a lot of people have a stock k20 swap in the car before they build a k24/k20 so they already have a k20 head and can pick up a block for cheap 400-600 and build.

your post was one of the few informative ones, but I thought you combined both the K20s and k24s into the same group.

anyway, if its that cheap for the block, a complete K24a2 swap is what, 4-5k… that does make sense. Does the K24a2 block bolt up to all the k20 heads and transmissions without major mods?

For the K24A2: RSX-S oil pump, plug oil passage, and go I believe. We did that set-up in Murrdog9000’s car. Transmission is bolt up.

yup the oil passage next to number 3 main you have to pull a aluminum squiter with a wood screw and plug it with a bolt

oh and you have to mod the pump to fit the tsx block

I want dis motor

heads bolt right up to same head gasket to i think. and if your gonna do that setup do an 08 tsx exhaust cam with a z1 intake cam i believe is a pretty good setup

That is correct… TSX head gasket was used.

Woah.

The tsx motor is pretty much the best bang for the buck and the head flows great. Like Lance said, the main limiting factor is the 25 degree intake advance. We used a K20A2 head because we already had it ready to go.

I just tell people to get a complete TSX motor from a junkyard they make tons of power reliably without doing any internal work… Accord/crv/element engines are plentiful and cheap but for a few hundred more you can get the far superior (out of the box) tsx.

D-Series>*

word

nice work guys, 260whp all motor is sick :excited!

This setup was designed for roadracing use on 93 octane, in a 40 minute session alot of heat is built up, this just gives a nice cushion. We also designed the setup around having the largest powerband we could, without spinning the engine to the moon. The k24’s live well below 7800, over that for prolonged periods we have seen alot of problems.

Morgan