KA stalling...

this problem isn’t like the typical “vacuum leak” that all the sr20 guys have…it’s a little different and through research i couldn’t find much about this problem…

as i go down a steepish hill to get into my underground garage, when i slow down fully clutched in, 1st gear to where the ground levels out with the hill, all of a sudden the engine turns off! the HICAS light turns on, etc. etc. :? :?

this doesn’t happen under “hard braking” or anything like that, only after leveling out after going down a steep hill (and slowly, at that). it’s happened to me 4 or 5 times in the same place, nowhere else, within the past few weeks… :shock:

anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?

(P.S. please don’t flame if this has been discussed somewhere else, i seriously couldn’t find it.) 8)

How low was your gas? and how steep was the hill? Could it have sloshed away from the pump and just starved it for a second?

Does it just go from running fine to just off or does it sputter etc?

lmao i’m actually really low on gas at the moment (it happened again yesterday). i can’t recall about the other 4 or so times though…

that actually sounds really reasonable, the hill is pretty steep…

it just shuts off, i don’t even notice it until i try to turn the steering wheel and it won’t budge. then i look at the dashboard and all these lights are on etc.

bad news!
it happened again like 5 minutes ago and i’m FULL on gas today. so i guess that idea’s out…
:shock:
anybody else have suggestions on what might be going on??? :? :?

This is a bit of a longshot … but

how is your battery hold-down strap?

My battery used to slide enough on steep hills to ground the battery to the fender.

no idea, i’ll have a look at that later today when i’m not in school. lol.