KA24DE Stalling problems

Car started to act up over the weekend. When I’m coming to a stop whether i put the car in neutral or down to 1 to go over speed bump, my engine’s rpm’s will sometimes bog down to about 200-300 rpm and sometimes the engine will die and stall.

The funny thing is that this doesn’t happen everytime I come to a stop, but maybe about 10% of the time or even less.

Anyone have any idea of what’s wrong with my car? Could it be that my engine oil is low? or another problem altogether?

I’ll try to provide more details later. Still have to drive home and I’m expecting it to happen again.

Oooh ooh! I remember someone had the same problem and I recall what the answer was. The guy was low on gas :smiley:
I’m dead serious, were you low on gas when this happened?

Look around the forum (search), it’s known/common issue with 240’s. Usually vacuum leaks, MAF issues, and various other little things. Can be a bugger to pinpoint sometimes! :stuck_out_tongue:

lol, that was me raises hand

it wasn’t a “low on gas” problem, because it happened while my tank was full :shock:

turns out i had no battery tie-down at ALL (don’t ask where the hell it went), but yeah, when i went downhill the battery got grounded to the fender :?

i now have my battery ziptied in place, but it STILL happened, jeez wtf is wrong with my gay car.

nah… its not a gas problem. I’ll search around to see if i can find anything.

Not sure if this can cause it, but you might want to try inspecting/cleaning your throttle body.

sounds to me like your TPS (throttle positioning sensor … on the side of the throttle body) is starting to go bad.

Yeah like what was said, check for vacuum leaks (spray TB cleaner all around any vacuum hoses) check you mafs, tps, injector grounds, also check your idle screw…

hey man i had or still have the same problem more than likely it is your throttle position sensor. I fuct around with mine and it was fine for two weeks however it has jsut started acting up again. I was at nisasn yesterday and they said that it could be the air idle control valve? Not really sure but i am gonna be getting to the bottom of this friggin problem. Is your check engine light on before start up? Does it come on after stalling?

Cheers

Bryce

I will post again tommorrwo as i have to get this shit straightened out.

I have a very similar problem except mine happens rather consistently, but only when the vent blower motor is on 3-4. It happens when coming to a stop while already in netural, and after I come to a stop it returns to a smooth and steady idle.

Vacuum leak maybe? IACV? I dont know…